Good TV Shows?

armeck

Jolly Good Fellow
Yep, especially if you have kids as @armeck said.

I just started the Mandalorian since all these dudes keep talking about how great it is.

Besides that, I need more binge options for the Christmas break. Just finished Lovecraft Country and the Boys.
I'm about to finish up "The Flight Attendant" (1 episode left) and also just started "I Hate Suzie" (only 2 episodes in). Both are pretty good, but not necessarily great.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

I just started the Mandalorian since all these dudes keep talking about how great it is.

Besides that, I need more binge options for the Christmas break. Just finished Lovecraft Country and the Boys.

Do you like vulgar, raunchy comedies?

If yes, the Harley Quinn cartoon on HBO Max is for you.

I watched an episode of Two Weeks To Live on HBO Max and it was solid. I'll keep watching.

Haven't watched yet, but new season of Pennyworth is 2 episodes in.

We're days away from some rerun marathons, such as Doctor Who on BBC America.

I'll try to think of more.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

I think I mentioned it earlier in the thread, but check out Industry on HBO.

Jk8Fan

Georgia Tech Fan
Mad Dogs with Billy Zane only lasted one season on Amazon. Ticked me off it got cancelled, but the ending was good enough that you can accept it as maybe limited series. Definitely worth the watch.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Couple years old but finally got around to watching "The Night Of". Another fantastic mini series by HBO starring Riz Ahmed and John Turturro. Several other reoccurring HBO actors star in it as well.

That series was one of the most frustrating series to watch. Frustrating in the sense that Riz's character literally makes the dumbest decisions at every turn that I wanted to yank the TV off the wall and throw it through the window (which much like Riz in the series, would be a dumb decision).

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
I just started watching Columbo on Peacock. Old show, but he is hilarious in his trollish behavior towards the bad guys.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
For those that like "comfort TV", I found a show called Kim's Convenience. Cute little show based on a Korean American family. Kind of like a sitcom, but not at the same time. Been binge watching it the past 2 weeks.

TechBurn

Jolly Good Fellow
2 suggestions,,,,,
1. The Expanse,,,,(Prime) one of the most realistic near future sci fi s. No force fields, transporter beams, etc., (but a alien proto-molecule!) Typical nasty politics between Earth, Mars, & the Belters...

2. LetterKenny,,,,(Hulu) Canadian humor, some quirky, funny stuff in it if you can get by the profanity & off color vulgarity,,,

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
That series was one of the most frustrating series to watch. Frustrating in the sense that Riz's character literally makes the dumbest decisions at every turn that I wanted to yank the TV off the wall and throw it through the window (which much like Riz in the series, would be a dumb decision).

Heh. Techster watching the show like, "Sonofa, last time I murdered a chick, I made sure the wipe all my prints afterwards. C'mon, man!"

Something you wanna confess, T'ster?

For the record, I agree with you. He was comically unaware throughout.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Just watched season 1 of the sinner on Netflix. Reminds me a lot of True Detective. Thought it was really good. Pretty dark, but once you get through the first episode I was hooked to the end.