Good TV Shows?

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Binged Industry on HBO Max today. I think it was quite good, but don't think it'll be for everyone, even if you like the genre of the story.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Sorry kg & Jeff, but I'm really liking Fargo season 4,,,, In our logical, GT minds everything has a cause & effect,,,In the Coen Brothers minds, things aren't so logical,,, UFOs, ghosts, villains tripping & blowing their brains out, etc,,, The world can be very strange & illogical, as we're seeing in 2020! I give the show a big thumbs up!

Nah, I still like the show. Just nit-pickin' like a typical GT-er.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Wish I had known that earlier today. Disney stock up $6 a share after the announcement
I think people knew there were gonna be big announcements, but they absolutely took a massive dump on the Warner announcement to release their 2021 slate on HBO Max to drive subscriptions.

JacketRacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I think people knew there were gonna be big announcements, but they absolutely took a massive dump on the Warner announcement to release their 2021 slate on HBO Max to drive subscriptions.
Really? Besides the loki and she hulk show, none of those shows look particularly interesting. Just sounds like every c level marvel character gets their own show which I don't see appealing to anyone but fanboys. Plus some reboots that noone was asking for (turner and hooch, tf?)

To each their own I guess.

slugboy

Staff member
"Y" was a good comic series. Hopefully they do something good with it.
Maslany is an amazing actress--if they give her something meaty, she'll run with it in She-Hulk. I can't believe Roth is in it.
Disney could hit on all of these, if they stay out of their own way.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Really? Besides the loki and she hulk show, none of those shows look particularly interesting. Just sounds like every c level marvel character gets their own show which I don't see appealing to anyone but fanboys. Plus some reboots that noone was asking for (turner and hooch, tf?)

To each their own I guess.
I just posted the things I'm interested in, but the poster mentioned Disney stock.

Disney announced 5 or 6 divisions worth of content across Fox, Pixar, Disney Animation, Lucasfilm, Marvel, and Disney. Take all of that and they flushed Warner down the toilet.

Also, let's keep in mind that Marvel Studios built this massive popularity on the backs of B & C level characters.

ETA: Except Mighty Ducks & Turner & Hooch. Idgaf about those, but thought they were funny.
ETA2: I'm absolutely a Marvel fan boy, reading X-men for 35+ years.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
"Y" was a good comic series. Hopefully they do something good with it.
Maslany is an amazing actress--if they give her something meaty, she'll run with it in She-Hulk. I can't believe Roth is in it.
Disney could hit on all of these, if they stay out of their own way.
Y was really good and I've been thinking it's time to break the collection back out to read. It's been a few years.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
The new shows that interest me:

Rangers of the New Republic
Y the last man
Alien

Pretty sure one or two of the others will surprise me in a good way.

BIG fan of the Alien franchise...even though Ridley Scott got way too much into creation/religion/morality towards the last few Alien franchise movies. LOVE Ridley Scott's work, but he is definitely grappling with being older and questioning the meaning of life through his movies now.

Rangers of the New Republic has the potential to be fantastic...and John Favreau is EP'ing which means it'll be quality. JF is a Star Wars junkie and he respects source material and the SW fandom. The Mandalorian is a great example of it.

Y the last man has an interesting concept. I never read the comics, but I'm here for the post apocalyptic world. Plus, only man alive in a world filled with women story line is kind of straight guy's fantasy.

herb

Helluva Engineer
I just posted the things I'm interested in, but the poster mentioned Disney stock.

Disney announced 5 or 6 divisions worth of content across Fox, Pixar, Disney Animation, Lucasfilm, Marvel, and Disney. Take all of that and they flushed Warner down the toilet.

Also, let's keep in mind that Marvel Studios built this massive popularity on the backs of B & C level characters.

ETA: Except Mighty Ducks & Turner & Hooch. Idgaf about those, but thought they were funny.
ETA2: I'm absolutely a Marvel fan boy, reading X-men for 35+ years.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/11/disney-is-executing-streaming-better-than-competition.html

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member