Good TV Shows?

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Just watched season 1 of the sinner on Netflix. Reminds me a lot of True Detective. Thought it was really good. Pretty dark, but once you get through the first episode I was hooked to the end.
2nd season is great as well. I keep trying to tell people about that show because I don't hear much about it and want it to stay on the air.

JacketRacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I've been watching The Night Manager on Amazon Prime. I'm a huge spy/John Le Carre fan, and it's been a pretty good ride. Star studded cast too (Tom Hiddleston, Hugh Laurie, Olivia Coleman). If anyone's a fan of the genre, I highly recommend.

slugboy

Staff member
Finally watching “Lovecraft Country”. First few episodes are promising. Also, Lovecraft’s racism and sex issues are problems for any adaptation, and the producers here turn those problems to their advantage.

TechBurn

Jolly Good Fellow
Not to be redundant, but for us tech sci fi nerds, (which I am one!) "The Expanse" on Prime, is only getting better & better! Near future, with political fighting (sound familiar?) between Earth, Mars, & the Belters,,,, Very realistic and believable,,,
Check it out,,,,,

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Sad day. Dustin Diamond (Screech from Saved by the Bell) passed from cancer.

Loved Saved by the Bell as a kid.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
I wasn't able to watch more than 15 minutes of Episode 1. Absolutely HATE the concept of Marvel characters in a 50's sitcom show.
It is only a 50s sitcom for one episode. Then it is a 60s sitcom. Then a 70s sitcom. But as @dtm1997 said, episode 4 is a big turning point. It is widescreen, color, and I assume 4k HDR (although I watched on a 1080P TV so I can't say for sure), and not a sitcom.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I wasn't able to watch more than 15 minutes of Episode 1. Absolutely HATE the concept of Marvel characters in a 50's sitcom show.

That's not what it is though. Hang in there for a bit longer and it'll start making sense.

Trust me. I almost made the same mistake.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

I think you should reconsider watching all 4 episodes to date, but if you watch spoiler reviews of the first 3 and start with #4, you'll probably be fine.

The concept, on the whole, was never this being a 50s sitcom and it's definitely going to have direct effect on the MCU.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Not to be redundant, but for us tech sci fi nerds, (which I am one!) "The Expanse" on Prime, is only getting better & better! Near future, with political fighting (sound familiar?) between Earth, Mars, & the Belters,,,, Very realistic and believable,,,
Check it out,,,,,

I love the show too, but won't start the new season till they are done releasing for this year. So last century to have a weekly show.

Almost as bad as keeping cable ........

BeachBuzz

Georgia Tech Fan
Ted Lasso may be the best comedy on television right now. I would have never thought that from the concept but it is really good.