Going on the Record

How many games does Tech win next season?

• 0-3

• 7+

Results are only viewable after voting.

slugboy

Staff member
I couldn’t find a better thread for this, but

Normally, this is a bad sign for a team. However, when you have a low-rated offense and defense, you're really looking for either massive improvement or new starters to take over. No surprise, we're looking for a sea change in performance on both sides of the ball this year.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer

Normally, this is a bad sign for a team. However, when you have a low-rated offense and defense, you're really looking for either massive improvement or new starters to take over. No surprise, we're looking for a sea change in performance on both sides of the ball this year.

It's a bad sign. The good sign is having fewer returning coaches this year.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer

The good news here is the coastal as a whole does not return a lot of starters so most of our competition is in a similar situation.

cthenrys

Ramblin' Wreck

Yeah it’s not a good sign

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
Never understand why we care about returning starters who haven’t combined for 10 wins in the last 3 years. Hard to get worse. Less experienced is one thing but we had 5th year senior DBs getting torched for 2 years in a row.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
Never understand why we care about returning starters who haven’t combined for 10 wins in the last 3 years. Hard to get worse. Less experienced is one thing but we had 5th year senior DBs getting torched for 2 years in a row.
And yet those DBs are getting serious looks from the NFL. Sure makes you wonder about the coaching they were receiving...

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
And yet those DBs are getting serious looks from the NFL. Sure makes you wonder about the coaching they were receiving...
I keep trying to find ways to spin things so I can feel optimistic about this season. I’m running out of yarn.
The changes we can hang our hopes on are the changes in the coaching staff. We might find out just how bad some of these coaches were the last three years.

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
If we go from a more experienced team to a less experienced one AND show marked improvement in the W/L column this fall, it would point strongly to the recent changes in the coaching staff. The question then would be how much MORE improvement we might have had with one more coaching change..

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
No way to spin it - a miracle is needed to win 6 games. Some significant luck will be required to win 5. I still think 4 is as high as it goes, and even that will require some inspired play.

It is not impossible for a sinking ship to survive, but it is rare.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
The sad thing is it took three years.
I wish something more positive had happened with the team than changing a few assistant coaches. The negatives around guys hitting the portal, or graduating with remaining eligibility, are leaving us with very little on offense from the past three years. I hope the defense will be better, but we lost our two best defensive backs. And our defense was not very good to begin with.

It's probably there, but I am not sure where to turn for optimism. Just looking at the schedule, I only see two games I feel certain we will win. There are maybe two or three others where we would be a toss up. Clemson, uga, UNC, Pitt, Miami, FSU, UCF? Those games will be upsets if we win. So, I am predicting we will have between two and fours wins.

Convince me I am wrong. I would love to be eating crow next Fall.