God we needed that. (POSTGAME THREAD GT 26 - PITT 21)

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
Will be interesting if that is the story, but it is all conjecture. Maybe he was dinged, maybe the other guys had a better week in pass pro, maybe they thought Hall gave them a better home run threat. There are plenty of reasons he could have gotten less snaps this week that aren’t dog house related.

I don’t think this coaching staff would hold any grudges or shy away from playing the guy they thought best. They demoted the starting kicker on day one.
Look at my post above. He’s clearly letting it be known that he’s pissed

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
Look at my post above. He’s clearly letting it be known that he’s pissed
I went and looked. He also liked a bunch of positive stuff about the win and about coach key.
I’m sure he isn’t happy with the lack of touches, but that’s because he’s a competitor and wants to play. I just don’t think there’s enough evidence to act like he’s in the dog house or transferring.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
Our best offensive player liking posts about not getting respect from our coaches, minutes after the biggest win of the season. Not a good look.

Attachments

• 8B2F3CD5-43F6-40B1-82A2-70F576203EA5.jpeg
    8B2F3CD5-43F6-40B1-82A2-70F576203EA5.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 278

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
I went and looked. He also liked a bunch of positive stuff about the win and about coach key.
I’m sure he isn’t happy with the lack of touches, but that’s because he’s a competitor and wants to play. I just don’t think there’s enough evidence to act like he’s in the dog house or transferring.
I don’t think he’s transferring. But he’s either in the dog house or lost his spot, no other explanation for him falling off the map. But you’re right about us not knowing anything for sure and him being a competitor. Just going off what I’m seeing.

Gt2019

Helluva Engineer
Dontae was banged up and on a touches limit for the WCU and Ole Miss game, haven’t heard anything else since then. I think them taking 5 backs when they normally take 4 max is a sign one of the backs was banged up.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I didn’t see the play he got hurt - did it appear serious? Jaylon is probably the 2nd most important guy to have on the field after CT and we really need him for Duke.
Looked like his ankle or just above the ankle got bent awkwardly under him. Didn't look good.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Alright, slept on it

Win still feels awesome!

Great performance by D. Easy to complain about the breakdowns at the end, but given how poorly the offense played I think they were just gassed. Charlie Thomas should be first team all ACC

Our offense was abysmal. They were playing so flat. It was like the D took the energy from the week and turned it into an inspired performance and the O just moped out there expecting to lose. To their credit they made some plays at key times, but I really would have liked to see them punch the ball in from the one when they were given a chance to put the game away…especially against a depleted D line.

No delusions here. We aren’t magically a contender. That game could have easily been a double digit loss - but we just needed to win some how, and we did. Turnovers were the difference, but to be fair, it wasn’t like they were just dropping the ball - we were making plays.

I think if we can beat Duke then maybe the team starts to believe they can win. Maybe that would ratchet up the intensity. A loss to Duke at home would be a let down, but wouldn’t shock me.

yellajacket20

Georgia Tech Fan
I didn't get to watch the game, but I'm very happy for the guys to get a W. All this tall about winning next week, and if we do, it'll be the first back to back wins in 4 seasons....

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
Well that win was refreshing, don't know what CPK did with special teams this week, but it payed off.

If Thackers D plays like that every game , we might be able to keep him .
Now on the offense, that needs to be a major focus.

If we need to bench sims for a few plays so be it, and our O line blocking really needs help.
We really have no identity on the O line at all.

But if CPK can get those things corrected we might stand a chance this season.

Very good win either way for a team that fired their coach 6 days ago.

Reminds me of the bowl game after CPJ made his announcement to retire , the team looked so bleh afterwards.

This game was the opposite of that

Fatmike91

Helluva Engineer
The Duke game sets up as the perfect let down game.

As a team and program we don’t know how to win. The Pitt win (on the road against a ranked team) was a weight lifted off our shoulders.

If we can stay focused and humble this week - and come out prepared to play a smart and physical game again I will be very impressed with ICBK (Interim Coach Brent Key).

Doing it at home - again - is actually a bigger challenge.

From there it will get easier with the bye week. Key will have some time to implement his changes.

/

SandySpringsJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Yup. Much as I hated to admit it at the time I definitely felt like it was the right call to reverse the TD and put the ball back just inside the 1.
I disagree because even though you could tell his knee hit before the ball hit the orange pylon, there was no way to tell if the ball was actually over the goal line when his knee hit.

Mattmc10

Jolly Good Fellow
We beat the defending acc champion on the road 5 days after firing out coach. Truly mind blowing.

Sims has taken some digs about his effort. He was 65 yards down field blocking on Hall’s run. He ran one in to seal it. Props to him to showing grit in the end.

Defense played well night and made things happen. Pitt had 3 TOs because we forced them and got to the ball.

Our kicking game was great.

The team played hard and smart the whole game. It was an old school Tech performance. It feels good to be on the right side of an upset.