God we needed that. (POSTGAME THREAD GT 26 - PITT 21)

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
Something definitely up with Dontae Smith barely playing… I don’t want to speculate but I wouldn’t be surprised if it was related to his comments about the CGC firing (and maybe subsequent attitude). Anyone else have any other reasons why he’d barely see the field today and be the third string from the jump?

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
Also another random thought:
We were lighting them up all night. I remember 22 liked to talk a lot the last time we played them, but even though he had a good game, we lit that kid up. He was not talking tonight.
Lots of their guys limping off the field or wincing on closeups. We played physical football tonight and I loved it. Damn fine accomplishment to punch Pitt in the mouth. They are a tough team, and usually do that to us.

Creative

Georgia Tech Fan
Something definitely up with Dontae Smith barely playing… I don’t want to speculate but I wouldn’t be surprised if it was related to his comments about the CGC firing (and maybe subsequent attitude). Anyone else have any other reasons why he’d barely see the field today and be the third string from the jump?
What did he say?

Billygoat91

Jolly Good Fellow
I love Dontae but could it just be that Hall had the hot hand this week? The guy ran great for us today

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
From postgame, Key said coaches knew Pitt liked to bring players near the line of scrimmage, and Hall had the speed to pop one off if he made a guy miss, and he did.
I will admit that I’ve been less enthused with 2k getting less snaps, but after hearing the reasoning, it made a lot of sense. Tae will get his chance to shine

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
From postgame, Key said coaches knew Pitt liked to bring players near the line of scrimmage, and Hall had the speed to pop one off if he made a guy miss, and he did.
I will admit that I’ve been less enthused with 2k getting less snaps, but after hearing the reasoning, it made a lot of sense. Tae will get his chance to shine
Interesting comments from him here (he’s not happy). It still doesn’t make sense to me why he’d be McDuffie’s backup even in non-short yardage situations. And why he was Hall’s backup right away, before Hall got going. I mean Dontae didn’t even get the start. That’s a demotion. I think there’s more here but since I don’t know, I’ll leave it. And just say how proud I am of the team.

Attachments

• 0D8CFC65-BE6F-457D-AF7F-B4911C7CCB6E.jpeg
    0D8CFC65-BE6F-457D-AF7F-B4911C7CCB6E.jpeg
    315 KB · Views: 338
  • C1AC94FA-CA17-4260-B335-9AF27858854C.jpeg
    C1AC94FA-CA17-4260-B335-9AF27858854C.jpeg
    203 KB · Views: 326
Last edited:

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
I love Dontae but could it just be that Hall had the hot hand this week? The guy ran great for us today
Dontae was playing behind McDuffie when Hall was gassed. And was playing behind Hall before Hall got going. Dontae didn’t play a snap in the 1st Q I’m pretty sure.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
Interesting comment from him here. It still doesn’t make sense to me why he’d be McDuffie’s backup even in non-short yardage situations. And why he was Hall’s backup right away, before he got going. I mean Dontae didn’t even get the start. That’s a demotion. I think there’s more here but since I don’t know, I’ll leave it. And just say how proud I am of the team.
Will be interesting if that is the story, but it is all conjecture. Maybe he was dinged, maybe the other guys had a better week in pass pro, maybe they thought Hall gave them a better home run threat. There are plenty of reasons he could have gotten less snaps this week that aren’t dog house related.

I don’t think this coaching staff would hold any grudges or shy away from playing the guy they thought best. They demoted the starting kicker on day one.