Georgia Tech Injury Report

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Gamble is solid. Probably does not get as much credit as he deserves from us. True for me anyway. He has steadily improved his game. I've been impressed thus far. Looks to have earned the reps he's gotten. Next men up have a lot of potential.

COJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Having both Rook and Pat out does really suck. They have both been contributing nicely. We all know that the D line is one that needs some rest to stay strong in the 4th quarter. Like Whiskey said, both are not getting some of the credit that they deserve right now.
I just found the play where both Pat and Rook got hurt... ouch. I pray for their quick recovery.[/QUOT

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
I'm going to preface this by stating that I haven't watched a ton of film on either, but I think losing Gamble hurts the most.

Rook is a very hard working and steady, but I think the young guys bring some explosiveness that he lacks. Will they make some mistakes... probably. We are going to have to depend more on our LBs and Safetys coming in to clean up a bit more than usual. I think if Simmons and Anree can hold the point of attack and get Duke in some third and longs, you'll see a better pass rush from the end with Freeman and one of those 2 peeling their ears back.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Don't think Qua will return this season, but hope I am wrong. I am cautiously optimistic about Summers, but only because it did not look that bad on the video.

I agree that losing Gamble is very, very troublesome with our lack of depth on the DL, and especially if Rook is also out.

We may several shirts burned this weekend, including maybe a D lineman.

Last edited:

Buzz4Him

Georgia Tech Fan
Gamble is the biggest hit.
He has turned a corner this year. Blowing plays up.
Need him to be back by Clemson.
Lynch is learning fast at AB and has natural ability. He should be clutch by November.
Summers is biggest hit on O. He was blocking and catching as good as the two starters last year.

Matt E

GT Athlete
The Summers loss is a big one in my mind. Based on what I have seen he was the one guy that was getting some separation. If you think back to last year Smelter and Waller ran a lot of comeback routes where we converted on 3rd and 7+. Those were open because the DB felt the threat of them running past them. If the other guys can't seperate the DBs will sit on those shorter routes.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Do you feel better? I don't think he had a drop, and he held on even when injuring shoulder.
He was nowhere on Smelter's level. That doesn't mean he was playing bad but that's like saying Demaryius Thomas was playing on Calvin Johnson's level after CJ left.