Georgia Tech Injury Report

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
So, what level of production is sufficient for you to say "more plug and play than I predicted" ?
A lot. Well, I'd estimate we're playing at about 20% of last year's skill play. Let's get it up to 50%, then we'll talk. But plug and play really means no drop off, imo.

Last edited:

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
OK. We'll look for 50% of last year's performance vs UNC in ppd as evidence you were wrong.
Ppd? What about missed assignments and that's just for starters. BTW, you must have missed my final edit to the post above. 50% is not plug and play. I was musing that even that would be nice.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Nobody ever said there would be no dropoff.
That's the definition of "plug and play". It doesn't matter who you "plug" into the system, it still "plays". The system is all that matters, not the players. Personally, I think the term is an insult to all the really good skill players we have had here.

Come on, man. Even you can admit the level of play from the skill positions has dropped off significantly.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
That's the definition of "plug and play". It doesn't matter who you "plug" into the system, it still "plays". The system is all that matters, not the players. Personally, I think the term is an insult to all the really good skill players we have had here.

Come on, man. Even you can admit the level of play from the skill positions has dropped off significantly.

I don't understand the motivation to take terms out of context and argue against the terms rather than the substance of the other side.

The issue discussed preseason was not whether we would drop off in performance from 2014. Everyone agreed we would.

The issue was whether the skill positions were so hard to master that we would fall off significantly due to missed blocks and fumbles by new guys. Plug and play was a way of saying that we'd be fine, at least at the level of 2011-2012.

Nobody expected the OL blocking to be a worse problem than new guys. We know what it looks like when the WR and lead AB miss their blocks. It happens, even last year. That's not what we've been seeing, imo. We've been seeing jail breaks.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I don't understand the motivation to take terms out of context and argue against the terms rather than the substance of the other side.

The issue discussed preseason was not whether we would drop off in performance from 2014. Everyone agreed we would.

The issue was whether the skill positions were so hard to master that we would fall off significantly due to missed blocks and fumbles by new guys. Plug and play was a way of saying that we'd be fine, at least at the level of 2011-2012.

Nobody expected the OL blocking to be a worse problem than new guys. We know what it looks like when the WR and lead AB miss their blocks. It happens, even last year. That's not what we've been seeing, imo. We've been seeing jail breaks.

Nothing that has transpired so far this season resembles any kind of definition of "plug and play." But keep fightin' the good fight.

ps. I guess ivy hasn't posted in a while. ;)

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Nothing that has transpired so far this season resembles any kind of definition of "plug and play." But keep fightin' the good fight.

Are you entirely comfortable that what you are seeing from our "plug and play" players is indicative of what we would see from them if our (experienced) offensive line was playing like last year and our (experienced) quarterback was playing at the level he played last year?

I am not. It if very difficult for me to judge the play of our "plug and play players" when the entire system is breaking down and defenses are having less and less to worry about in their assignments.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Are you entirely comfortable that what you are seeing from our "plug and play" players is indicative of what we would see from them if our (experienced) offensive line was playing like last year and our (experienced) quarterback was playing at the level he played last year?

I am not. It if very difficult for me to judge the play of our "plug and play players" when the entire system is breaking down and defenses are having less and less to worry about in their assignments.
I think the OL play is in some ways symptomatic of the poor skill play. Not entirely, but I feel the guys up front are feeling pressure to compensate for lack of execution from those spots. And JT is pressing due to all of the above. He has no space to operate like he did last year and he's pressing and trying to put the team on his back and do to much.

I wonder if Burden and Joe are "free lancing" in an attempt to help out Devine.

Trying to prove "plug and play" or not is the least of our worries right now. Plug and play we ain't.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer

Dude, I guess you take everything personally and attack people personally, but I don't. So don't make it that. The subject under discussion was whether the skill positions in our offense have a steeper learning curve. You said yes, and I said no.

I guarantee you that if CPJ had not talked about OL blocking as the bigger problem, I would've admitted I was wrong.

The fact is that the first two games showed the basics could be mastered, but not how much experience is needed against better talent. So, it's not true that nothing points to plug and play. We did better against Tulane and struggled against Duke, as we did last year. So, let's see.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Dude, I guess you take everything personally and attack people personally, but I don't. So don't make it that. The subject under discussion was whether the skill positions in our offense have a steeper learning curve. You said yes, and I said no.

I guarantee you that if CPJ had not talked about OL blocking as the bigger problem, I would've admitted I was wrong.

The fact is that the first two games showed the basics could be mastered, but not how much experience is needed against better talent. So, it's not true that nothing points to plug and play. We did better against Tulane and struggled against Duke, as we did last year. So, let's see.
Whoopin' up on a couple of cupcakes is your evidence? ok. And what does CPJ being upset at his veteran OL have to do with the price of tea in China?