Georgia Tech has hired Josh Pastner

BoShow_Memphis

Georgia Tech Fan
The one guy is off base on one point. When calipari left he took everything with him. Dcousins,John wall, Eric Bledsoe. All went to UK. And Josh still won. That is how we got DJ Stephens. We needed warm bodies. The rest I can't really dispute. The amount of high level xfers out of town with mostly local Memphis kids is incredible.
Calipari also took the snocone machine with him. Look it up lol.http://csnbbs.com/thread-637797-post-9438822.html#pid9438822

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Please ignore our angry old guy crowd.

Bruh, that's like 97.6% of the board tho ....

No worries lol. I understand ha!

You also have to understand emotions are running high over here. Just a few hours ago I threatened to cancel my account if these Pastner rumors are true ( 'cause that's apparently some big threat?). Fast forward to now and I'm moderately ok with the hire.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

ramblinwreck1378

Ramblin' Wreck
Vad,

Do you think if guys like Huff or White are on the staff they mitigate his abrasive/militant style? Do they have those personalities? (That you know of)
Speaking from experience, Huff is a player's coach. He's someone that relates to his players, and truly wants the best for them. He'll get on you when you're wrong, but has a great way of teaching while being assertive. I've never met a player that didn't share both a love for Huff as a person as well as A great degree of respect for his knowledge of the game.

I can't speak for White, but know that he and Huff are friends as well as former colleagues. I would doubt he were any different.

alcalde

Georgia Tech Fan
Pastner loves to tell the story of how nobody wanted the job because nobody wanted to follow Cal etc etc. Its complete BS

The Memphis brand was strong. So what if Cal took the best recruiting class ever, minus Xavier Henry who bailed for Kansas

We added the #1 Juco in the country AND a McDAA transfer from Duke in Elliot Williams. Pastner added those two to a team loaded with seniors with deep NCAA experience. Willie Kemp was a former top 50 recruit senior who started for the 2007 team that finished 33-4. Doneal Mack was a senior guard and one of the best 3 pt shooters in Tiger History, as was former Juco #1 Robert Sallie. We had Wesley Witherspoon, an extremely talented top 75 recruit from Atlanta area, as well as Angel Garcia, a top 25 recruit center. No, we didnt have the preseason #1 team we would have if Cal stayed, but we had more talent than 95% of the country, and the Memphis brand lured players like Will Barton and a loaded Memphis class in Pastners second year.

All that talent gave Pastner a 17 and 54 record vs top 50 in 7 years

LawTalkin Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Pastner loves to tell the story of how nobody wanted the job because nobody wanted to follow Cal etc etc. Its complete BS

The Memphis brand was strong. So what if Cal took the best recruiting class ever, minus Xavier Henry who bailed for Kansas

We added the #1 Juco in the country AND a McDAA transfer from Duke in Elliot Williams. Pastner added those two to a team loaded with seniors with deep NCAA experience. Willie Kemp was a former top 50 recruit senior who started for the 2007 team that finished 33-4. Doneal Mack was a senior guard and one of the best 3 pt shooters in Tiger History, as was former Juco #1 Robert Sallie. We had Wesley Witherspoon, an extremely talented top 75 recruit from Atlanta area, as well as Angel Garcia, a top 25 recruit center. No, we didnt have the preseason #1 team we would have if Cal stayed, but we had more talent than 95% of the country, and the Memphis brand lured players like Will Barton and a loaded Memphis class in Pastners second year.

All that talent gave Pastner a 17 and 54 record vs top 50 in 7 years

Ouch.

Milwaukee

Banned
I'd like to point out we have shown nothing but respect for the GT program. To call us all heathens for hiring Calipari is not only ridiculous, but uncalled for. Since you claim we have no morals I guess you forget pastner was a Calipari assistant at Memphis before taking the job. So I would guess by your logic and transitive propery that means you are also a heathen and have no morals. I don't believe that but it is nice to point out the flaw in your logic

I'd like to point out that some bitter Memphis fan(s) came directly on to Swarm and immediately started with the "I feel sorry for you guys cause he's such a terrible coach and this was a dumb, stupid move by GT" crap, but I guess he was being respectful. You're right.

What is even the point in all of that? Boredom or bitterness...either way, it's not a good look.