Georgia Tech Bowl Projections

Animal02

Banned
Dont most teams have 2 byes then? I’m assuming your talking about August 30th being the start date, do many teams even play then? Personally, I don’t count that as a bye if that’s the case.
It will depend on the ACC and how they schedule.....teams could have a first week "bye" The SEC will schedule a bye week before their cupcake game immediately before Rivalry week. :rolleyes:

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
Dont most teams have 2 byes then? I’m assuming your talking about August 30th being the start date, do many teams even play then? Personally, I don’t count that as a bye if that’s the case.
Go back to the link and click on the Georgie boodawg helmet. I'm sure it will show a typical sec schedule.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Go back to the link and click on the Georgie boodawg helmet. I'm sure it will show a typical sec schedule.
Hey, at least they play 7 straight SEC games (with 2 byes in between) but the hardest stretch is right before they play us, so I like that. When does the ACC come out with their schedule. Is the SEC schedule always out this early?

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
Hey, at least they play 7 straight SEC games (with 2 byes in between) but the hardest stretch is right before they play us, so I like that. When does the ACC come out with their schedule. Is the SEC schedule always out this early?
Yes, the sec comes out in September. Being a basketball conference head quartered in NawKerliner, the ACC should be available the end of January.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Last I checked, GT, UVA, Clemson, BC and Pitt were all open week 1 of 2019. Pitt and BC are crossover opponents next year. If something doesn't change, someone is getting a week 1 bye next year.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
In what alternative universe does anyone envision the Bulldawgs curb stomping Alabama. The reverse is the much more likely scenario. I have not seen anyone even challenge Alabama this season. Even the vaunted LSU tigers who whipped the Dawgs arse could not even score on Alabama at home in a game they knew was for all the marbles. Bama will dominate Auburn, Georgia and whoever the next two sacrificial lambs the CFP committee puts in front of them. Might as well go ahead and engrave ALABAMA on the big trophy.

Go Jackets!

PS - Whatever Bowl game we go to, I just hope our team takes it serious and prepares to win it. We use to take pride in winning bowl games. Not so sure that is the case any more.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
In what alternative universe does anyone envision the Bulldawgs curb stomping Alabama. The reverse is the much more likely scenario. I have not seen anyone even challenge Alabama this season. Even the vaunted LSU tigers who whipped the Dawgs arse could not even score on Alabama at home in a game they knew was for all the marbles. Bama will dominate Auburn, Georgia and whoever the next two sacrificial lambs the CFP committee puts in front of them. Might as well go ahead and engrave ALABAMA on the big trophy.

Go Jackets!
I have a feeling Alabama will toy with Clemson as well:cigar: