Georgia Tech Bowl Projections

tsrich

Ramblin' Wreck
The sad part is if GT defeated USF and Duke they will be going to a NY6 bowl game.
I don't think 9-2 Tech is going to be in a NY6 bowl. The ACC's only chance at one of those slots this year is as an at-large. 9-2 Tech probably falls behind all the 2 loss SEC, Big10 and Big 12 teams and some of the 3 loss teams like Penn St, UF, etc

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
Why do we get 2 byes? Also new rule only allows 1 team to get a bye before us right?
The calendar works out to a 14 week schedule. You are correct that in years when we have 1 bye, then no more than 2 coming off bye may face us. I have no idea what happens when the schedule has 2 byes. I'm just putting myself in Greensboro's shoes.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
The calendar works out to a 14 week schedule. You are correct that in years when we have 1 bye, then no more than 2 coming off bye may face us. I have no idea what happens when the schedule has 2 byes. I'm just putting myself in Greensboro's shoes.
Dont most teams have 2 byes then? I’m assuming your talking about August 30th being the start date, do many teams even play then? Personally, I don’t count that as a bye if that’s the case.