Georgia Tech Bowl Projections

Animal02

Banned
In what alternative universe does anyone envision the Bulldawgs curb stomping Alabama. The reverse is the much more likely scenario. I have not seen anyone even challenge Alabama this season. Even the vaunted LSU tigers who whipped the Dawgs arse could not even score on Alabama at home in a game they knew was for all the marbles. Bama will dominate Auburn, Georgia and whoever the next two sacrificial lambs the CFP committee puts in front of them. Might as well go ahead and engrave ALABAMA on the big trophy.

Go Jackets!

PS - Whatever Bowl game we go to, I just hope our team takes it serious and prepares to win it. We use to take pride in winning bowl games. Not so sure that is the case any more.
I don't expect them too either....it was just speculation on what would happen to the playoffs if by chance Tech were to beat the mutts (giving them two losses, and then the mutts curb stomping Bama in the SECCG or Bama losing close games to both Auburn and the mutts). In that scenario, I think the SEC would end up on the outside looking in.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Not knowing when we play most teams I like our open week to be week 5,6, or 7 in order the let the players rest and heal their minor injuries. 2 open dates would be great would like one before the Duke game.
Give me an open week around week 5-7 and another before UGA. It’s the least we can receive after they play cupcakes before us. Next year they do have Texas A&M before us I believe.

GTFLETCH

Banned
Quinlan has been reporting for a while that we will open vs uva in Charlottesville. Could be Clemson too, I suppose but they may play BC.
ACC Commissioner John Swofford told the media last week at the ACC Football Kickoff that the league is on schedule to debut the ACC Network next August, and sources have told TigerNet that Clemson could be a big part of that debut.

According to what we have been hearing - and are still waiting on Clemson and the ACC to confirm - Clemson will host Georgia Tech on a Thursday night in the season opener in 2019 and it could be on the new network. Clemson last played at home on a Thursday night was in 2013, defeating Georgia Tech 55-31. Clemson and Georgia Tech have split four Thursday night games.

Link
https://www.tigernet.com/forum/mess...a-Thursday-night-to-open-2019-season-23760302

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
ACC Commissioner John Swofford told the media last week at the ACC Football Kickoff that the league is on schedule to debut the ACC Network next August, and sources have told TigerNet that Clemson could be a big part of that debut.

According to what we have been hearing - and are still waiting on Clemson and the ACC to confirm - Clemson will host Georgia Tech on a Thursday night in the season opener in 2019 and it could be on the new network. Clemson last played at home on a Thursday night was in 2013, defeating Georgia Tech 55-31. Clemson and Georgia Tech have split four Thursday night games.

Link
https://www.tigernet.com/forum/mess...a-Thursday-night-to-open-2019-season-23760302
:banghead::vomit:

AUFC

Helluva Engineer

Link

Starting the season and ACC play 0-1...ahhhh yes.

**** that permanent crossover game bull****.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Quinlan has been reporting for a while that we will open vs uva in Charlottesville. Could be Clemson too, I suppose but they may play BC.
I would truly hate that. The old adage holds: "When the leaves change, the offense rolls." I would much rather take them on 3 - 5 games in so that the guys are back up to speed on the O, especially since we are breaking in a new QB next year.

And, yes, the reason I say this is because I don't think Tobias will win the job; I'm betting on Lucas. But … that'll be up to the players and coaches. Personally, I love it if Tobias proved me wrong; he's like Jordan and we would be Will Wirth-ing opponents all year. I really like Death Marches.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer

Link
That would be even worse. Let's hope it doesn't happen.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
That would be even worse. Let's hope it doesn't happen.
On the bright side they will be replacing their entire DL more than likely, and a back up is also a senior. They are also losing a starting LB, and the 3 back up LB’s are all seniors. Then they have 2 more guys in the 2 deep they are losing. Not sure about their secondary as far as the draft goes but they have 3 that could declare plus 1 LB (all juniors). Thats a total of 9 seniors in the 2 deep, 2 junior DL guys that most think will leave and another 4 that could potentially declare. That’s 15 guys, now they probably won’t all declare, but if the 2 guys on the DL do, thats 11 they would be losing. That actually works in our favor that early in the season imo. Especially with most being in the front 7. I’d want Clemson that early before UVA also because you can lose to Clemson and still win out in the costal to make it to the ACC championship game. I want our costal games later when we normally get hot.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
In what alternative universe does anyone envision the Bulldawgs curb stomping Alabama. The reverse is the much more likely scenario. I have not seen anyone even challenge Alabama this season. Even the vaunted LSU tigers who whipped the Dawgs arse could not even score on Alabama at home in a game they knew was for all the marbles. Bama will dominate Auburn, Georgia and whoever the next two sacrificial lambs the CFP committee puts in front of them. Might as well go ahead and engrave ALABAMA on the big trophy.

Go Jackets!

PS - Whatever Bowl game we go to, I just hope our team takes it serious and prepares to win it. We use to take pride in winning bowl games. Not so sure that is the case any more.
Having seen both a Bama and Clemson live, I think that will be an epic game. I do think a Bama beats the Dwags.....but think the tigers might get ‘em

GTFLETCH

Banned
My updatec quess based on current ACC Records & Bowls in selection order...(VT beats Marshall, NC State beats ECU & Clemson beats Pitt)

1. CFP/NY6
Clemson 13-0

2. Camping World
Syracuse 9-3

4. (all equal selection)
a. Pinstripe - Georgia Tech - 7-5
b. Belk - NC State 9-3
c. Music City - Miami 7-5
d. Sun - Pitt 7-6 (Coastal Champion)

5. Military
Virginia 7-5

6. Independence
Boston College 7-5

7. Quick Lane
Duke 7-5

8. Gasparilla or First Responder Bowl
Wake Forest 6-6 or VT 6-6

9. Birmingham Bowl (conditional)

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
My updatec quess based on current ACC Records & Bowls in selection order...(VT beats Marshall, NC State beats ECU & Clemson beats Pitt)

1. CFP/NY6
Clemson 13-0

2. Camping World
Syracuse 9-3

4. (all equal selection)
a. Pinstripe - Georgia Tech - 7-5
b. Belk - NC State 9-3
c. Music City - Miami 7-5
d. Sun - Pitt 7-6 (Coastal Champion)

5. Military
Virginia 7-5

6. Independence
Boston College 7-5

7. Quick Lane
Duke 7-5

8. Gasparilla or First Responder Bowl

9. Birmingham Bowl (conditional)

Pinstripe would be cool, but I think Pitt would be their first choice. I’m not sure what “equal selection” means. I think it mean they all get to list their preference in order of priority. If they all have four separate preferences then it lands that way, but if they all want the same teams then there is some tiebreaker type stuff.

If we go to the Pinstripe I’m going to try to go just because that would be really cool. I just have a feeling it’s going to be more like the Sun.