Georgia Tech Bowl Projections

LibertyTurns

Banned
Georgia with 2 losses would....they would drop significantly if they lost to Tech. Beating Bama would not make them leap over other one loss teams.......there is no way that Bama would make it in if they were curb stomped by the mutts.
Well let’s hope like you you get a chance to prove me wrong! I’ll buy you beers all next season & do stupid pet tricks for you if this happens.

Animal02

Banned
Well let’s hope like you you get a chance to prove me wrong! I’ll buy you beers all next season & do stupid pet tricks for you if this happens.
I am not expecting it to happen....... I don't think we will pull this one out over the mutts.
If the mutts were to lose to Tech, they would drop a good 5 spots. If the crushed Bama in the SECCG, no way would Bama stay in the top four...not with a one loss Oklahoma, Ohio State of Mich and Wash St. all looking to get in. If they were to select Bama over those three in that scenario.....I think you would see the end of the playoffs as currently set.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I am not expecting it to happen....... I don't think we will pull this one out over the mutts.
If the mutts were to lose to Tech, they would drop a good 5 spots. If the crushed Bama in the SECCG, no way would Bama stay in the top four...not with a one loss Oklahoma, Ohio State of Mich and Wash St. all looking to get in. If they were to select Bama over those three in that scenario.....I think you would see the end of the playoffs as currently set.
And if Bammer crushed UGAG they would probably fall to around #15-#20

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
I can't see GT playing USF in a Bowl because GT opens the 2019 season with them in Bobby Dodd Stadium.
Bowls don't care about that.
Actually, I think they do...In the last 20 years, there's only been 10 bowl games that were rematches with two teams that played each other in the regular season and one of those bowl games was the national title game. As @MikeJackets1967 pointed out, not only did we play them this year but we open the season with them next year as well. I can't imagine a bowl scheduling that rematch and I believe both GT and USF would avoid it if at all possible.

Deleted member 2897

Remember, we're not an SEC team, we're ranked #38 when you tally the votes, so we're supposedly a horrible no good high school football team. So if we won, georgia would easily drop......hmmmmmmmm..............1 spot, because the media would suddenly realize we'd won 7 of our last 8 and were a good team and it would actually be a quality loss. But we still wouldn't be ranked, because only a horrible no good high school football team would have lost to USF, Pitt, and Duke.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Remember, we're not an SEC team, we're ranked #38 when you tally the votes, so we're supposedly a horrible no good high school football team. So if we won, georgia would easily drop......hmmmmmmmm..............1 spot, because the media would suddenly realize we'd won 7 of our last 8 and were a good team and it would actually be a quality loss. But we still wouldn't be ranked, because only a horrible no good high school football team would have lost to USF, Pitt, and Duke.
2 choices: Drop uga way back or rank us in the top 20 and drop uga to around 11 for losing to a top 20 team. My guess is the 2nd.

And yes, even if uga loses to us, an SEC team will be the playoffs. My guess is Bama would still slide it at #4 rather than uga sliding in with 2 losses though.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
2 choices: Drop uga way back or rank us in the top 20 and drop uga to around 11 for losing to a top 20 team. My guess is the 2nd.

And yes, even if uga loses to us, an SEC team will be the playoffs. My guess is Bama would still slide it at #4 rather than uga sliding in with 2 losses though.
I think UGAG would slide to the Citrus Bowl to play Penn State

GTFLETCH

Banned
Per AJC Ken S... Georgia Tech is “absolutely” under consideration for the Camping World Bowl in Orlando, Fla., Florida Citrus Sports spokesman Matt Repchak said. But Need to Beat UGA and earn a top-25 ranking to trump other ACC teams...If Tech loses, the Camping World Bowl’s interest would drop off, particularly if Syracuse or N.C. State can get to nine wins and other teams get to eight.

After that Giglio from the Independence Bowl and Steve Beck, president and executive director of the Military Bowl, both indicated interest in Tech at 7-5.

Link
https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/could-georgia-tech-bowling-orlando/s6MmSFSNoc2oeQffwt1P6K/

Last edited:

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Per AJC Ken S... Georgia Tech is “absolutely” under consideration the Camping World Bowl in Orlando, Fla., Florida Citrus Sports spokesman Matt Repchak said. But Need to Beat UGA and earn a top-25 ranking to trump other ACC teams...If Tech loses, the Camping World Bowl’s interest would drop off, particularly if Syracuse or N.C. State can get to nine wins and other teams get to eight.

After that La. Giglio from the Independence Bowl and Steve Beck, president and executive director of the Military Bowl, both indicated interest in Tech at 7-5.

Link
https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/could-georgia-tech-bowling-orlando/s6MmSFSNoc2oeQffwt1P6K/
OH HELL YEAH:cool::D:smuggrin: