Georgia Tech Bowl Projections

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
If Boston College wins next weekend, we finish 3rd in the entire ACC. If not, we finish 4th.

There’s no way we deserve some crap bowl out of all the ACC tie-ins. I’m pretty sure there are rules against everybody skipping teams.

On a side note, the ACC currently has 9 bowl teams. If Virginia Tech beats UVA and Marshall at home, they’re bowl eligible. FSU has to beat Florida at home and Wake has to win @Duke and then the ACC gets 12 bowl teams.
I think Miami beats Pitt finishing 7-5 and wind up being invited to the Independence Bowl

Animal02

Banned
So, what should our rooting interests be this weekend? I would imagine that we would want Duke and UVA to lose. Would be nice if NC State did, too, but fat chance. I would think we would want BC to lose, as well, since Syracuse is getting a better bowl than us regardless, but that would knock BC down to 4-4.
I don't think NCST is going to make much of a difference......Definitely want BC, Duke and UVA to lose.

Jmonty71

Banned
Looking at the ACC conference, GT sits at the 4 to 6th level. Yet, that isn't equating to what magazines are predicting. I think we are more than deserving of a bowl like Music City, Belk or Sun . Yet, I'm seeing Military bowl level games. Its a down year, for the ACC. I get it . But, come on. UVA and Miami should not get better bowls than us. I hope we kick Ugag arse. Just so we piss on all the "experts" . in return, I kind of hope Ugag beats Bama. Just to see this system crack.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Looking at the ACC conference, GT sits at the 4 to 6th level. Yet, that isn't equating to what magazines are predicting. I think we are more than deserving of a bowl like Music City, Belk or Sun . Yet, I'm seeing Military bowl level games. Its a down year, for the ACC. I get it . But, come on. UVA and Miami should not get better bowls than us. I hope we kick Ugag arse. Just so we piss on all the "experts" . in return, I kind of hope Ugag beats Bama. Just to see this system crack.
It will be thrown into further turmoil when Miami beats Pitt on Saturday and finishes 7-5:cigar:

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Lot of politics go into where teams get picked for bowl games. GT has been shafted several times in the past because of this. Hopefully, with Stansbury, we have someone that's not going to roll over and gets GT the best bowl game we qualify for.

Animal02

Banned
I think it will come down to the perception of how well UVA, UM, and GT fans travel that will determine who goes where.
Would love to beat the mutts and have them crush Bama....and leave the SEC shut out of the playoffs.
Then Oklahoma Wash ST, and Ohio State all win out...two 1 loss teams will be really pissed.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Lot of politics go into where teams get picked for bowl games. GT has been shafted several times in the past because of this. Hopefully, with Stansbury, we have someone that's not going to roll over and gets GT the best bowl game we qualify for.

Well, he is or was on the playoff committee, so perhaps he gets some respect from the powers that be.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer

I want to beat uga, then I want Bama to beat uga, then I want uga to lose their bowl game. Then, I want them to go 0-12 next year.

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
Stansbury is on the BCS Committee this year, but I doubt he can influence which bowl his Jackets can go to. I hope he can, but I don’t know how much pull he has just because he’s on the BCS Committee.

DH9387

Jolly Good Fellow
I want to beat uga, then I want Bama to beat uga, then I want uga to lose their bowl game. Then, I want them to go 0-12 next year.
giphy.gif

LibertyTurns

Banned
I think it will come down to the perception of how well UVA, UM, and GT fans travel that will determine who goes where.
Would love to beat the mutts and have them crush Bama....and leave the SEC shut out of the playoffs.
Then Oklahoma Wash ST, and Ohio State all win out...two 1 loss teams will be really pissed.
Send them a picture of the Vag section from our game as evidence of how well they travel.

SEC champ doesn’t get shut out of the CFB. No way. They could have a picture of the entire team humping a disabled goat & it still wouldn’t happen.

The Saturday Down South website predicts Georgia Tech will play Auburn in the Music City Bowl
Now there’s some smart people running that website!

Animal02

Banned
Send them a picture of the Vag section from our game as evidence of how well they travel.

SEC champ doesn’t get shut out of the CFB. No way. They could have a picture of the entire team humping a disabled goat & it still wouldn’t happen.

Now there’s some smart people running that website!

Georgia with 2 losses would....they would drop significantly if they lost to Tech. Beating Bama would not make them leap over other one loss teams.......there is no way that Bama would make it in if they were curb stomped by the mutts.