Georgia Tech Bowl Projections

GTJackets

Ramblin' Wreck
Went back through this thread and compiled a list just to see if I could get a sense of where we may end up.

Came to the conclusion that @jwsavhGT probably has the most reliable prediction at this point. A close second goes to @MikeJackets1967 . Pretty sure he's nailed the correct bowl.

Most commonly guessed location: Music City (5)
*but 4 of them are from Mike
Runner-up: tie between Military and Pinstripe (4)
Most commonly guessed opponent: Cincinnati (3)

My prediction is that we will see it start to narrow down a bit Sunday morning. :)

upload_2018-11-15_13-32-40.png

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
If we beat UVA and uGA we could get Camping World, but probably in tier 2 of Gator/Sun/Pinstripe/MusicCity/Belk...beat UVA and lost the other one we're probably in that same tier 2...lose both and we're looking at Gasparilla/Millitary/QuickLane

Animal02

Banned
If we beat UVA and uGA we could get Camping World, but probably in tier 2 of Gator/Sun/Pinstripe/MusicCity/Belk...beat UVA and lost the other one we're probably in that same tier 2...lose both and we're looking at Gasparilla/Millitary/QuickLane
Gator Pinstripe etc are Tier 1.
Even if we win out, doubt we make the camper bowl. They get the first selection after the playoffs. Cuse or Pitt, depending on how they finish will be a higher prize.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
Gator Pinstripe etc are Tier 1.
Even if we win out, doubt we make the camper bowl. They get the first selection after the playoffs. Cuse or Pitt, depending on how they finish will be a higher prize.
8-4 with a win over a top 5 team would make us a top 17-22 team most likely. Idk that either of them will be there, but regardless just beat UVA Saturday and let it play out.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
It is not just the record... there is also the fan base willing to travel. I would bet that Cuse would bring far more to MCO than Tech would.
Maybe so, I don't know anything about their football fan base. Orlando is much further from NY than Atlanta but I'm sure they have more alumni, and probably a lot of snowbirds in Orlando from NY.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Went back through this thread and compiled a list just to see if I could get a sense of where we may end up.

Came to the conclusion that @jwsavhGT probably has the most reliable prediction at this point. A close second goes to @MikeJackets1967 . Pretty sure he's nailed the correct bowl.

Most commonly guessed location: Music City (5)
*but 4 of them are from Mike
Runner-up: tie between Military and Pinstripe (4)
Most commonly guessed opponent: Cincinnati (3)

My prediction is that we will see it start to narrow down a bit Sunday morning. :)

View attachment 4500
Hey, I mentioned the music city twice so you can add an extra count to that.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
Maybe so, I don't know anything about their football fan base. Orlando is much further from NY than Atlanta but I'm sure they have more alumni, and probably a lot of snowbirds in Orlando from NY.
I think central Florida is one of our top 5 alumni centers outside of Atlanta. I definitely see more Tech fans going to Orlando than NY, but who knows.

Deleted member 2897

8-4 with a win over a top 5 team would make us a top 17-22 team most likely. Idk that either of them will be there, but regardless just beat UVA Saturday and let it play out.

Yes and no. If we finish 8-4, we’ll be ranked around #20. We’ll be getting votes if we beat Virginia. Beating Virginia means winning 6 of last 7. Beating Georgia is 7 of last 8 and a top 5 team. But unless the bowl is locally, we’ll probably get passed up by a few people.

By the way, there is still a chance that 5-3 in the ACC finishes tied for 2nd behind only Clemson. If we beat Virginia and finish tied for 2nd, 3rd, or 4th, it’s going to be hard for several bowl games with ACC tie-ins to keep skipping us.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Yes and no. If we finish 8-4, we’ll be ranked around #20. We’ll be getting votes if we beat Virginia. Beating Virginia means winning 6 of last 7. Beating Georgia is 7 of last 8 and a top 5 team. But unless the bowl is locally, we’ll probably get passed up by a few people.

By the way, there is still a chance that 5-3 in the ACC finishes tied for 2nd behind only Clemson. If we beat Virginia and finish tied for 2nd, 3rd, or 4th, it’s going to be hard for several bowl games with ACC tie-ins to keep skipping us.
Jerry Palm of CBS Sports picked Virginia to beat GT by 6 1/2 so that means GT will win;)

TheTaxJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
My goodness. Dare I allow myself to dream about beating UGA? UVA first but man how good would it be to beat UGA. It’s amazing how much their fans are overlooking us all focused on Bama and Tua’s knee. We could end their playoff talk if we beat them.

Buzz*The*Plumber

Jolly Good Fellow
My goodness. Dare I allow myself to dream about beating UGA? UVA first but man how good would it be to beat UGA. It’s amazing how much their fans are overlooking us all focused on Bama and Tua’s knee. We could end their playoff talk if we beat them.
Well, allow yourself hope, but certainly not expect! First things first, though.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
CBS Sports and ESPN would hyperventilate if GT beat UGAG in Cesspool Stadium once again:LOL: