Georgia Tech Bowl Projections

GTFLETCH

Banned
Per Joe Giglio @jwgiglio
- If Pitt gets blown out tonight, they will drop out of Tier I. Respectable effort will keep them In either Sun or Pinstripe
- Wake Forest will be in Tampa for Gasparilla Bowl
- How does this change if VT loses to Marshall in front of friends and family today in Blacksburg? Duke will go to the Military
- Shreveport feels about right for another Georgia Tech sendoff

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
Per Joe Giglio @jwgiglio
- If Pitt gets blown out tonight, they will drop out of Tier I. Respectable effort will keep them In either Sun or Pinstripe
- Wake Forest will be in Tampa for Gasparilla Bowl
- How does this change if VT loses to Marshall in front of friends and family today in Blacksburg? Duke will go to the Military
- Shreveport feels about right for another Georgia Tech sendoff
That's an interesting take. Personally, I think there's a strong chance that the Military would take GT. I think Paul Johnson's last game coaching in Annapolis, where the Naval Academy is located, would draw a lot of Tech and Navy fans. Navy is not eligible for a bowl; I think that would increase attendance as well.

RedPete

Ramblin' Wreck
This Joe Giglio guy is just [emoji849]full of good news for GT fans.

Todd Stansbury and the ACC need to go out of their way to put Georgia Tech into the Belk Bowl or Military Bowl! Tech fanbase will buy tickets and travel in droves to Charlotte, or combine with Annapolis CPJ fans to sell-out the Military. Dump us into El Paso, Detroit, or Shreveport, and everybody will stay home. It’s that simple.

Tech fans don’t travel well obvi, so why not send us to one of the two places where we’ll fill it up while letting better-traveling fans travel? Putting say a VT into Military Bowl and they guarantee a pathetic turnout wherever they send GT. They’re thinking about it backwards. Come on Todd make it happen!

Deleted member 2897

This Joe Giglio guy is just [emoji849]full of good news for GT fans.

Todd Stansbury and the ACC need to go out of their way to put Georgia Tech into the Belk Bowl or Military Bowl! Tech fanbase will buy tickets and travel in droves to Charlotte, or combine with Annapolis CPJ fans to sell-out the Military. Dump us into El Paso, Detroit, or Shreveport, and everybody will stay home. It’s that simple.

Tech fans don’t travel well obvi, so why not send us to one of the two places where we’ll fill it up while letting better-traveling fans travel? Putting say a VT into Military Bowl and they guarantee a pathetic turnout wherever they send GT. They’re thinking about it backwards. Come on Todd make it happen!

If we get shunned by four or five tier 1 bowls and passed over by lesser teams who finished behind us in the ACC, I think Todd needs to make some public statements. It’s time to start standing up to all this ball game crap, by weeks before playing us, Noon games, etc. etc.

GTFLETCH

Banned
If we get shunned by four or five tier 1 bowls and passed over by lesser teams who finished behind us in the ACC, I think Todd needs to make some public statements. It’s time to start standing up to all this ball game crap, by weeks before playing us, Noon games, etc. etc.
Not sure AD Todd would do that, however it may make it easier for AD Todd to transistion away from CPJ flexbone and not hire a CPJ Coach from his coaching tree. As the ACCN comes out and Bowl Attend/CFB Attend goes down... TV ratings matter more and more.

That is why really why GT is getting passed over, it is hard for A Bowl Rep to say hey we want those guys when know one wants to play us, let alone watch the game on TV....Ratings matter these days...

Animal02

Banned
Not sure AD Todd would do that, however it may make it easier for AD Todd to transistion away from CPJ flexbone and not hire a CPJ Coach from his coaching tree. As the ACCN comes out and Bowl Attend/CFB Attend goes down... TV ratings matter more and more.

That is why really why GT is getting passed over, it is hard for A Bowl Rep to say hey we want those guys when know one wants to play us, let alone watch the game on TV....Ratings matter these days...
Bull crap. The bowlcommittees are all about bringing fans to town. EspwcuEspethe downstream ones. Once again, the pretzel contortions to fit the narrative.

GTFLETCH

Banned
Bull crap. The bowlcommittees are all about bringing fans to town. EspwcuEspethe downstream ones. Once again, the pretzel contortions to fit the narrative.
Well if that is the case Georgia Tech vs Auburn in the Belk Bowl will be announced tomorrow and that game will be sold out!!! I am ready and have already booked my families Hotel... just ensure you get the TV partners and Bowl Reps on board... I will be there!!!!

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
We are in a conference that is North Carolina teams first and everyone else second. Swoffard needs to go. We don't have any clout in our conference.

RedPete

Ramblin' Wreck
d6bb63cf23501f73040123f71340c574.jpg

Deleted member 2897

11 Bowl Teams in the ACC.

Say what you want about the Coastal, but no division in the entire country has more than 6 teams going to Bowl Games.

"Not You" . LOLOLOLOLOL

Hey on a side note, if my research is correct, we've had 1 single year below 0.500 in the ACC going back 25 years. I can't find any other team in the conference with that level of consistency.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Well if that is the case Georgia Tech vs Auburn in the Belk Bowl will be announced tomorrow and that game will be sold out!!! I am ready and have already booked my families Hotel... just ensure you get the TV partners and Bowl Reps on board... I will be there!!!!
Truth! Both fan bases would love this