Georgia Tech Bowl Projections

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
We did great in our last bowl game. Nobody in the ACC is going to buy tickets to the Sun Bowl.
I know the Sun Bowl has/had some tradition to it but we need to try to get it off our bowl rotation. Not many fan bases from the SE/E coast are going to go to El Paso. And we really need better tie ins!

GTFLETCH

Banned
I don’t think you can drop out of tier 1 if you play in the ACCCG?
Per @jwgiglio
The ACC wants Pitt to stay in Tier I. That’s not the ACC’s call but the league holds some sway. The Sun would be the most logical landing spot for Pitt with Syracuse in New York. If, for whatever reason, Syracuse felt strongly about the Sun, I’m sure the teams could flip spots

FYI
Tier I bowls can pick a 6-6 team ahead of 7-5 team, but not an 8-4 team. That means, say, a 6-6 VT team could not get a bid to a Tier I bowl until Syracuse (9-3) and N.C. State (9-3) are all chosen to those games. However, the Hokies could be chosen ahead of UVA, Pitt, Miami, GT, Duke and Boston College, which are all 7-5. (Conf record seems not to matter in Bowl Selection...which sucks)

Finally, there are five Tier II bowls that can feature ACC teams. These do have an order, with the Military Bowl getting its first choice of matchup, then the Independence Bowl, Quick Lane Bowl, Heart of Dallas and the renamed St. Petersburg Bowl in Tampa.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Per @jwgiglio
The ACC wants Pitt to stay in Tier I. That’s not the ACC’s call but the league holds some sway. The Sun would be the most logical landing spot for Pitt with Syracuse in New York. If, for whatever reason, Syracuse felt strongly about the Sun, I’m sure the teams could flip spots

FYI
Tier I bowls can pick a 6-6 team ahead of 7-5 team, but not an 8-4 team. That means, say, a 6-6 VT team could not get a bid to a Tier I bowl until Syracuse (9-3) and N.C. State (9-3) are all chosen to those games. However, the Hokies could be chosen ahead of UVA, Pitt, Miami, GT, Duke and Boston College, which are all 7-5. (Conf record seems not to matter in Bowl Selection...which sucks)

Finally, there are five Tier II bowls that can feature ACC teams. These do have an order, with the Military Bowl getting its first choice of matchup, then the Independence Bowl, Quick Lane Bowl, Heart of Dallas and the renamed St. Petersburg Bowl in Tampa.
Let’s hope we get the belk, GT vs AU holds the majority of votes on a poll taken on Reddit (belk bowl was asking for input on who to take)

GTFLETCH

Banned
Let’s hope we get the belk, GT vs AU holds the majority of votes on a poll taken on Reddit (belk bowl was asking for input on who to take)
I have already booked my hotel.... AU vs GT in the Belk or Bust for my family... Will not go and watch the 2nd place Coastal team play a G5 team in the military... They better give that to VPI....

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I have already booked my hotel.... AU vs GT in the Belk or Bust for my family... Will not go and watch the 2nd place Coastal team play a G5 team in the military... They better give that to VPI....
Would you go to Music City? I’ve already booked hotels in both places.

GTFLETCH

Banned
Per @eric_hobeck
With Clemson's win Virginia is a lock for the Bell vs South Carolina...

This just sucks....if true and for some who stated on this thread that it is about game day attend....that ship has sailed.....

If second place Georgia Tech ends up falling past the Military Bowl we might know why Paul Johnson has decided to retire.

TaxJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Per @eric_hobeck
With Clemson's win Virginia is a lock for the Bell vs South Carolina...

This just sucks....if true and for some who stated on this thread that it is about game day attend....that ship has sailed.....

If second place Georgia Tech ends up falling past the Military Bowl we might know why Paul Johnson has decided to retire.

If they skip over us for this game I probably won't go to that bowl ever again. This is ridiculous

Animal02

Banned
Looking through the projections this morning...things are as clear as mud.
College Football News
VS Mich State in the Pinstripe
Sports Illustrated
VS Cincy in the Military.
CBS
VS Temple in the Military
Action Network
VS Vandy in the Belk
Bleacher Report
VS Temple in the Independence
ESPN
VS Purdue in the Quick
VS Mich State in the Pinstripe
USA Today
VS Southern Miss in the Gasperilla
SB Nation
VS Wisconsin in the Quick
247 Sports
VS Temple in the Military
Orlandao Sentimental
VS Missouri in the Music
Athlon
VS Minnesota in the Quick
NCAA.com
VS Memphis in the Birmingham

GTFLETCH

Banned
Our hall of fame coach is retiring.... Georgia Tech vs Auburn is a matchup that will draw and Belk, Music/Gator needs to be the location.... anything else is just the ACC and networks crapping on CPJ.... While GA Southern and Navy wanted him back it appears the ACC is telling him with this bowl selection.... Tier II bowls... GET the öööö out and do not let the door hit you on the rear or Tier I thanks for what you did...

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
Our hall of fame coach is retiring.... Georgia Tech vs Auburn is a matchup that will draw and Belk, Music/Gator needs to be the location.... anything else is just the ACC and networks crapping on CPJ.... While GA Southern and Navy wanted him back it appears the ACC is telling him with this bowl selection.... Tier II bowls... GET the öööö out and do not let the door hit you on the rear or Tier I thanks for what you did...
The bowl selection process is a larger reflection on our fanbase lol. It’s not on CPJ. If we traveled well, we’d be a lock for the Belk.

RedPete

Ramblin' Wreck
The bowl selection process is a larger reflection on our fanbase lol. It’s not on CPJ. If we traveled well, we’d be a lock for the Belk.

But they’re looking at it backwards. We should be a lock for the Belk BECAUSE we don’t travel well. Give us the nearest bowl and we’ll gladly fill it up. Send VT to Detroit and they’ll bring a turnout too so both bowls succeed, whereas if you dump GT there they’ll be lucky to get 5000.

Last edited:

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Like I said on another board I will be pretty upset if GT isn’t picked for the Belk Bowl after they have asked for input from fans and even on a poll GT had over 70 percent of votes. UVA was in 3rd or 4th last I checked.