Georgia Tech Bowl Projections

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
Thank you, finally a game that makes sense. UT does aswell but not as much as GT vs Auburn imo. I still want the Music City though. That makes more since imo when talking about GT vs Auburn.
Probably unpopular opinion, but I’m bored of OOC games/bowls against SEC. I’d like to see us play one of the other P5. The past three bowls were SEC, and I’d like something new.

Obviously if it came down to a SEC matchup or a G5 matchup I’d much prefer and SEC.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Probably unpopular opinion, but I’m bored of OOC games/bowls against SEC. I’d like to see us play one of the other P5. The past three bowls were SEC, and I’d like something new.

Obviously if it came down to a SEC matchup or a G5 matchup I’d much prefer and SEC.
I just want to beat an SEC team because of all the SEC superior stuff we hear. That, and I have family that are Auburn Fans, a best friend who is a UT fan, another friend who likes South Carolina, and a family member who is Florida fan and another who is a Bama fan (the one team I don’t want to play) oh I forgot about the Ole Miss fan in the family.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
I just want to beat an SEC team because of all the SEC superior stuff we hear. That, and I have family that are Auburn Fans, a best friend who is a UT fan, another friend who likes South Carolina, and a family member who is Florida fan and another who is a Bama fan (the one team I don’t want to play) oh I forgot about the Ole Miss fan in the family.

LOL!!! That litany sounds very close to home!

stech81

Helluva Engineer

I going to have to agree I would love to see Tech and Auburn . Playing someone from the Big 10 , Pac10, or the Big 12 or whatever they go by just don't do it for me.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
I going to have to agree I would love to see Tech and Auburn . Playing someone from the Big 10 , Pac10, or the Big 12 or whatever they go by just don't do it for me.
I just don’t have the southern ties most people that go to GT do, so games against SEC teams mean little to me. I have a sister at auburn now though, so of the options that one certainly works :)

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Kyle Bonagura of ESPN predicts GT will play Houston in the Independence Bowl while Mitch Sherman of ESPN predicts GT will play USF in the Military Bowl

It would suck big time if we played USF again. If we win, people would say that we should be 2-0 against them. If we lose, people would say crap like “USF should go to the ACC and GT should move to the AAC”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
It would suck big time if we played USF again. If we win, people would say that we should be 2-0 against them. If we lose, people would say crap like “USF should go to the ACC and GT should move to the AAC”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
At least that USF returner tore his ACL and wouldn't be returning kicks against GT again this season;) Houston is weakened on offense since their quarterback tore a ligament in his knee.

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
Seems to me Auburn will be a better opponent for Georgia Tech in the Belk Bowl. Both Auburn and Tech currently have 7-4 records. Auburn likely will end up 7-5 (with loss to Bama) and so will Tech (with loss to UGA).

However, I do not know how the Belk Bowl Committee members feel about such a matchup. They might place a great deal of emphasis on getting closer schools to gain greater attendance.

Tennessee, by the way, is currently 5-6. The Vols will have to beat Vandy to finish up the season with a 6-6 record.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Seems to me Auburn will be a better opponent for Georgia Tech in the Belk Bowl. Both Auburn and Tech currently have 7-4 records. Auburn likely will end up 7-5 (with loss to Bama) and so will Tech (with loss to UGA).

However, I do not know how the Belk Bowl Committee members feel about such a matchup. They might place a great deal of emphasis on getting closer schools to gain greater attendance.

Tennessee, by the way, is currently 5-6. The Vols will have to beat Vandy to finish up the season with a 6-6 record.
The Liberty Bowl will grab a 6-6 Tennessee team

TechCubed

Helluva Engineer
I think a lot of these bowl projections (at least once they get past the top dozen or so game) is someone just plugging in the order of conference pick. In reality, the bowls look at various intangibles like proximity, fan base, etc. Every year there is some speculation that "X bowl could be a rematch of Y and Z" and it never comes to fruition.

IMO, the possibility of Annapolis-Paul Johnson storyline is strong. They have the first pick among tier 2 bowls, eliminating the options like Detroit and Shreveport.