Georgia Tech Bowl Projections

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Lol they just don’t pay attention to tie ins I guess. How would GT not get a tier 1 bowl?
We are Tech :) you know the answer:

th

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I think Kentucky and Virginia will play in the Taxslayer Gator Bowl
Sorry, I do think UVA gets in over BC in a tier 1 bowl game. I’d say they play in the belk at that point. Gator bowl only gets 3 ACC teams and they’ve had 2 already while the music city has had 1. I think the music city bowl make it even with the Gator bowl at 2 a piece. The Gator and Musoc City Bowl are joined together where they each take 3 ACC and 3 Big 10 teams over a spans of 6 years to face the SEC.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Camping is the unknown...and depends on how things play out......the Belk will always take a Carolina team, which is why I thing they end up in the Belk. If BC beats Cuse....they would be a likely prospect for the camping.....or Cuse may be depending on that game.
I think it’s NC State because they will have the longest winning streak and the closet to Florida of them and Syracuse, especially is Syracuse losses to BC. NC State would have the best record (if they win out). BC and Syracuse loading hurt there chances imo.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
We are in good company. While it may feel like GT has gotten screwed historically come bowl selection time, it pales in comparison to Syracuse, Pitt, BC, etc. Those teams need something extra other than wins to get selected ahead of bigger football schools.

With that pretext, my understanding is that the conferences are now able to push for certain teams to be selected to a bowl when the bowl may otherwise prefer a bigger name/bigger travel base. For example, Northwestern was pushed into the 2016 Outback Bowl based on the Big10's request for the bowl selection committee to not bypass a more deserving team and simply take the bigger name.

So, I think Syracuse and Pittsburgh may get preference if the ACC steps in to assist. Pitt at least has a floor of the Sun Bowl, if that's still the rule. Both are more compelling national stories than us as of today. Next weekend could reshape things.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
We are in good company. While it may feel like GT has gotten screwed historically come bowl selection time, it pales in comparison to Syracuse, Pitt, BC, etc. Those teams need something extra other than wins to get selected ahead of bigger football schools.

With that pretext, my understanding is that the conferences are now able to push for certain teams to be selected to a bowl when the bowl may otherwise prefer a bigger name/bigger travel base. For example, Northwestern was pushed into the 2016 Outback Bowl based on the Big10's request for the bowl selection committee to not bypass a more deserving team and simply take the bigger name.

So, I think Syracuse and Pittsburgh may get preference if the ACC steps in to assist. Pitt at least has a floor of the Sun Bowl, if that's still the rule. Both are more compelling national stories than us as of today. Next weekend could reshape things.

Isn't there a Big East forum for you to post this ::bigcry::