Georgia Postgame

You guys who actually believe that Collins is talking to you need to wake up. Collins has already told us he has one mission right now and that’s to improve the roster. Everything he does and says is for the consumption of 14-18 year old football players. His career is dependent on them not armchair QB’s or fans who believe they are important. Collins has one audience and that’s all that matters. The fact that you guys don’t like the money down, or juice crew or his press conferences makes no difference to the program. The players love it and they are who matter. Sorry, but none of us are as important to GT as a high school player. And seeing the stadium today it’s obvious our fan base sucks so Collins is absolutely right to ignore the fans and recruit the players.

Well I am pretty sure that 14 to 18 years are able to read a scoreboard and watch a game on TV and see if what a coach is saying and what they are seeing is the same. He better care about the fans because they buy the tickets, the jerseys, the apparel, etc and believe me recruits can notice empty stadiums.

biggtfan

Jolly Good Fellow
I’m not a gambling man, but I would bet some

I agree 100%. I think we will be better up front on both sides next year, but not where we need to be.
Getting Clayton on the DL along with hopefully getting Lee back should help plus another year in the weight room for the young guys. Hoping we land Jones on the recruiting front.

On OL, I think we will see improvement but also some young guys will be forced into action. They will be built more for what we’re trying to do, but will be very green.

I think next year will be better, but still only a 5-7 win team.

Our 2020 class has 3 OL so far that are a better fit for our O than what we have now. The talent of these young men is TBD but the direction we are going in is clear.

9153384.jpg

Michael Rankins Lennard (Ruskin, FL)
6-5 / 285
523 43 72
Commit 7/1/2019
OT

9158633.jpg

Jordan Williams Gainesville (Gainesville, GA)
6-6 / 303
679 52 65
Commit 4/6/2019
OT

9301934.jpg

Wing Green Lee County (Leesburg, GA)
6-7 / 270
920 70 93
Commit 6/25/2019
OT

Our 2020 class has 3 OL so far that are a better fit for our O than what we have now. The talent of these young men is TBD but the direction we are going in is clear.

9153384.jpg

Michael Rankins Lennard (Ruskin, FL)
6-5 / 285
523 43 72
Commit 7/1/2019
OT

9158633.jpg

Jordan Williams Gainesville (Gainesville, GA)
6-6 / 303
679 52 65
Commit 4/6/2019
OT

9301934.jpg

Wing Green Lee County (Leesburg, GA)
6-7 / 270
920 70 93
Commit 6/25/2019
OT
IF they actually sign. We shall see in the next couple of weeks, whenever the early signing date is.

biggtfan

Jolly Good Fellow
Pressley Harvin: 13 punts for 587 yards. In 1 single game, LOL.

Finishes just shy of 3,600 yards punting by my count. LOL.

I thought he was mediocre today. 60-yard kicks into the EZ when we needed a drop shot and pooch kicks when we needed a 60 yarder. I like him overall but today I thought he was overwhelmed or choked under pressure.

Vespidie

Jolly Good Fellow
When Collins talks about the monumental transition, he's not talking about the intangibles, he's talking about the offense.

Kind of like getting guys that can actually create a pocket so that a QB can actually go through his progressions to find the open receiver, or to find a QB that can throw the short, intermediate, and occasional deep ball consistently, and pull it down when needed. Maybe while at it find a capable kicker that is automatic on extra points and generally consistent when needing a FG, but if we can't find that then how about someone that can at least KO into the end zone.

We have to crawl before we can walk, and walk before we run. There are lots of deluded fans (fanatics) expecting an epic turn around to occur as if we are some sort of factory school. Due to the intangibles I'm inferring, that ain't happening at GT. Resources won't allow it.

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
Kind of like getting guys that can actually create a pocket so that a QB can actually go through his progressions to find the open receiver, or to find a QB that can throw the short, intermediate, and occasional deep ball consistently, and pull it down when needed. Maybe while at it find a capable kicker that is automatic on extra points and generally consistent when needing a FG, but if we can't find that then how about someone that can at least KO into the end zone.

We have to crawl before we can walk, and walk before we run. There are lots of deluded fans (fanatics) expecting an epic turn around to occur as if we are some sort of factory school. Due to the intangibles I'm inferring, that ain't happening at GT. Resources won't allow it.
None of what you said makes this the "most monumental transition in the history of college football."

All I want to see in these first 2 years is signs of improvement, and, other than the D, that has only been marginal at best this year.

Josh H

Jolly Good Fellow
Does "in a while" mean a couple of years? This time 3 years ago, JeT was running up and down the field in Athens.

JeT was awesome and gave us two wins over UGA including an Orange Bowl. Pantheon level QB.

It was also a friendly comment from an opposing fan in a game that turned into a rout.

jacket_fan

Ramblin' Wreck

Is CGC recruiting a kicker? Forget about resources or any other BS, is he recruiting a kicker?