Geoff Collins Press Conference Post Miami

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
If Collins were to simply come out and admit that he's screwed up or address the fans in someway that he has a way to right this, I'd be more willing to open my wallet to GTAA. As someone pointed out, Collins is trying to pitch to us, the school, and the team that he has a plan, and so far he's not doing well pitching to us , the ones that have a huge impact on funding.

Are there micro positives, sure, are there areas we are improving, sure but at the end of the day were still at 3 wins , and no chance of a bowl or beating UGA. That matters a bunch

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
The only thing Collins said in his press conference today that bothered me even in the slightest was talking about how well things were going at Temple in their 2nd year. I don't think it showed anything good, personally.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I have a few thoughts about this.

1- I do not think Kelly and Ken have a responsibility to ask the questions Collins would prefer. Neither of them are working for the House.

2- Collins has a really down look about him in this press conference. I can see his disappointment in the play and understands he has a role in that.

3- I wonder how much longer this "salesman" will feel OK about selling a product he does not feel good about?

Animal02

Banned
If Collins were to simply come out and admit that he's screwed up or address the fans in someway that he has a way to right this, I'd be more willing to open my wallet to GTAA. As someone pointed out, Collins is trying to pitch to us, the school, and the team that he has a plan, and so far he's not doing well pitching to us , the ones that have a huge impact on funding.

Are there micro positives, sure, are there areas we are improving, sure but at the end of the day were still at 3 wins , and no chance of a bowl or beating UGA. That matters a bunch
He needs to do more than admit he screwed up........and he needs to stop insisting this crap sandwich being serve is filet mignon

wrmathis

Ramblin' Wreck
The only thing Collins said in his press conference today that bothered me even in the slightest was talking about how well things were going at Temple in their 2nd year. I don't think it showed anything good, personally.
yeah, went so well to lose to Villanova and buffalo. he was 5-5 in his two years at temple in one score games (8 points or less)

Backstreetbuzz

Jolly Good Fellow
We don’t want any positivity. The football program sucks, our coaches suck, our players suck, GT sucks and life sucks. We are only here for a few years and everything is miserable while we are here. It would be better if we were all dead. There is no reason whatsoever to be positive. You live, life sucks, then you die. I don’t want to hear any idiots say something positive.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Collins didn't like questions about why the team lost. He wanted them to instead ask questions about the "huge" 4th down stops.
Coach wants those questions we need to win the game. Those are the types of questions that are asked when you win not when you get beat.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Don’t worry, the staff will show up and clean this thread up for ol’ Geoff. Gotta scrub out any and all criticisms! Everything is going GREAT with Georgia Tech football!
Should I start with this off topic post?

Nah, I'll let it sit while Fire Geoff Collins thread is 114 pages deep.

Here's some more relentless positivity, to go along with the theme in this very thread.

1636248847296.png

Last edited:

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
I have a few thoughts about this.

1- I do not think Kelly and Ken have a responsibility to ask the questions Collins would prefer. Neither of them are working for the House.

2- Collins has a really down look about him in this press conference. I can see his disappointment in the play and understands he has a role in that.

3- I wonder how much longer this "salesman" will feel OK about selling a product he does not feel good about?
1 - Collins did answer every question Kelly and Ken asked completely respectfully. He didn't ignore any of them nor give short answers. He actually answered them more completely than I think he usually does. He also took the time to point out some of the positives in the game and, in what I thought was a bit of a show of frustration (which wasn't a good look), commented a couple of times that "nobody wants to hear those things." To be fair after today's game he was probably right that nobody wanted to hear it. But if your team is going to continue to make big mistakes that cost points or cost opportunities to score points or to stop the other team's momentum then you need to expect that people aren't going to be mollified at all by hearing about the positives.

2- Wow you're so right. That was the first thing I thought when I saw the look on his face even before he said anything and then when he began speaking it was completely flat. This was the most deflated I can remember seeing him. I think the last three games especially are weighing heavily on him, as they should.

3- I don't think he felt good about the product today

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Should I start with this off topic post?

Nah, I'll let it sit while Fire Geoff Collins thread is 114 pages deep.

Here's some more relentless positivity, along with the theme in this very thread.

View attachment 11554
I will add to what @CuseJacket posted.

We will allow negative posts if they add to the debate or just simply discharge frustration. If you attack a player or coach or another member of the Swarm we will delete your post and warn. Keep your posts focused on the issue, not other members.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
So can I say the players put us in position to win the game , but the coaches didn't know what to do .
Yes you can. I was truly shocked at the scene to take all 40 seconds of the play clock to get that punt off at the end of the game. Even if we don't practice it a lot of we've had to punt plenty of times to season it shouldn't take us that long to do so. Having another 10 or 15 to 20 seconds on the clock wouldn't have hurt.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Yes you can. I was truly shocked at the scene to take all 40 seconds of the play clock to get that punt off at the end of the game. Even if we don't practice it a lot of we've had to punt plenty of times to season it shouldn't take us that long to do so. Having another 10 or 15 to 20 seconds on the clock wouldn't have hurt.
Whether I agree with @awbuzz or not, this is a good post. He is focused on a problem the coaches did not solve. Think about what you post.