Geoff Collins Press Conference Post Miami

tomknight

Ramblin' Wreck
You guys will criticize collins for anything. His answer to that first question wasn't that bad. Had CPJ said it, you'd be talking about how great it is that our coach calls out stupid reporter questions (which I liked a lot about CPJ, btw).

This is a competitive game, coached by competitive people, and played by competitive kids. Nobody wants to be in that situation.

I had a game in HS where I had about 15 tackles and two int's as a middle linebacker. We lost 6-3 in one of the most physical games I ever played. I had a girl I was absolutely crushing on come up to me and tell me I played a good game when I was on the way to the bus. I told her to F off, maybe we she didn't notice we lost.

It happens. All this bad look BS is wanting to complain about every single thing.

Granted, it was yet another frustrating game to watch with many things to question. But that and a hat? I guess next you'll complain that he didn't have socks on.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I had a game in HS where I had about 15 tackles and two int's as a middle linebacker. We lost 6-3 in one of the most physical games I ever played. I had a girl I was absolutely crushing on come up to me and tell me I played a good game when I was on the way to the bus. I told her to F off, maybe we she didn't notice we lost.
😮 Well, I'll bet that was the end of that.

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
I am not defending Collins, but we are 13 points away from being 6-3 instead of 3-6. He is correct that we are putting ourselves in a position to win. It ain't happening right now, but these scores are not embarrassing and that is good to see.
That’s a fair observation. But let me ask you something. Do you have confidence that if the only thing that changes between now and next year is next year the players who graduate, the players who arrive, and another year of experience for the ones already here that we win those types of games? With the current coordinators I don’t see that. That’s my issue.