Geoff Collins - Head Coaching Numbers

Lawyer mark

Jolly Good Fellow
i liked cpj, but am happy with our coach choice and hopeful it will work out. Don’t understand the constant need to be negative. I think some folks are taking more jabs at cpj just because they are sick of the complaints about Collins... I have to admit it is tempting to point out negative things about past coaches to make points, but again, pointless negativity is not going to help...

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
i liked cpj, but am happy with our coach choice and hopeful it will work out. Don’t understand the constant need to be negative. I think some folks are taking more jabs at cpj just because they are sick of the complaints about Collins... I have to admit it is tempting to point out negative things about past coaches to make points, but again, pointless negativity is not going to help...

I agree. I think some of us just hate the ones who never appreciated the system that allowed us to be competitive under the previous administration. That is past now, and we have to hope our new HC can somehow turn this around. One thing I do know is that we are lucky to be in the ACC coastal - maybe the worst P5 division in FBS. That gives us a fighting chance to make a decent turnaround in a shorter time. Heck, we played the #1 team in the Coastal (for what that means) today at their place to a 5 point game - that was with a very outmanned front 7 on D, and a bunch of walk-on's and backups at O line. We will learn if CGC is a competent HC really soon. I have seen things I like this year, and things that make me scratch my head.

For those of you who hope to beat UGAG anytime soon, that is a different story. Talent gap is HUGE, and we no longer have a system that might overcome the talent gap. So, until the talent gap is narrowed considerably, that ain't happening.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Nope. Choking a 20-pt lead at home vs your arch rival is infinitely worse than a loss to the Citadel or MTSU.

Literally, no one cared about MTSU loss in 2014, just 2 years after MTSU. No one is mocking us right now because we've not been nationally relevant for years.

Yeah, never mind that most posts in this thread in response to you disagree with your assertion.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
Nope. Choking a 20-pt lead at home vs your arch rival is infinitely worse than a loss to the Citadel or MTSU.

Literally, no one cared about MTSU loss in 2014, just 2 years after MTSU. No one is mocking us right now because we've not been nationally relevant for years.

I don’t understand why so many people are quick to defend an inexcusable loss to an FCS MILITARY SCHOOL.

RickStromFan

Ramblin' Wreck
Yeah, never mind that most posts in this thread in response to you disagree with your assertion.

never mind the numerous times I've literally said "Outside of THIS FANBASE" l0l. I'm sure that most posts of THIS FANBASE disagree. The rest of college football doesn't. The Citadel loss is inconsequential. Conversely, had PJ managed to win in 2013 (and a couple other years), who knows what effect on our program that has?? The MTSU loss, as proven by 2014, was Inconsequential. The Citadel one will prove to be as well, except for the tiny # of CGC haters.

RickStromFan

Ramblin' Wreck
I don’t understand why so many people are quick to defend an inexcusable loss to an FCS MILITARY SCHOOL.

not defending it. Just not caring about it nor wallowing in it, like some others.
I felt the same about the MTSU loss, 1 of the only 2 times the team ever quit on PJ. MTSU was inconsequential. An eye-rolling embarrassment that had no ill effects on the program long-term.

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
never mind the numerous times I've literally said "Outside of THIS FANBASE" l0l. I'm sure that most posts of THIS FANBASE disagree. The rest of college football doesn't. The Citadel loss is inconsequential. Conversely, had PJ managed to win in 2013 (and a couple other years), who knows what effect on our program that has?? The MTSU loss, as proven by 2014, was Inconsequential. The Citadel one will prove to be as well, except for the tiny # of CGC haters.
The answer is probably none, because we lost and 2014 still happened. Weird, right?

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member

And yet the I have gotten more grief in the brief time since the Citadel loss than the accumulated grief of all uga losses since the turn of the century. Losing to an FCS school brings out the troll from every fanbase.

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
And yet the I have gotten more grief in the brief time since the Citadel loss than the accumulated grief of all uga losses since the turn of the century. Losing to an FCS school brings out the troll from every fanbase.
I wonder if he can tell us - without Googling - who won the Arizona-Arizona State game last year, and what happened.

LibertyTurns

Banned
I wonder if he can tell us - without Googling - who won the Arizona-Arizona State game last year, and what happened.
No, but I guarantee everybody’s going to be talking about 4 games from this weekend:

A. West Ky whipping Ark
B. App St beating SCe
C. Minnesota beating the State Penn
D. LSU kicking Bammer’s butt at home.

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
No, but I guarantee everybody’s going to be talking about 4 games from this weekend:

A. West Ky whipping Ark
B. App St beating SCe
C. Minnesota beating the State Penn
D. LSU kicking Bammer’s butt at home.
Sure. I guess my point is that outside the fans of a certain team, the result of an isolated game is . . . isolated.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Sure. I guess my point is that outside the fans of a certain team, the result of an isolated game is . . . isolated.
You’re right. For example, nobody outside of GT really cares about GT football unless:

A. We pull off a huge upset, ie Miracle on Techwood, Kick & pick, etc
B. We crap the bed, ie Citadel
C. We annoy everybody by having a great season
Or
D. We beat someone, someone else needs us to beat to clinch the division, etc.

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
You’re right. For example, nobody outside of GT really cares about GT football unless:

Or
Yeah, I agree with that. But I think that’s probably the case for everyone outside of a handful of blue bloods, and even among them it’s the transcendent ones. I mean, no one gives a rip about SC or Texas or Michigan now. I could probably count on one hand the number of teams people really care about annually. Bama, Ohio State, Clemson, arguably Oklahoma and Notre Dame? Everyone else is kind of in and out. Michigan State was a playoff team four years ago, and they’re unwatchable now.

RickStromFan

Ramblin' Wreck

I've literally heard nothing about the Citadel from my group of college-football-fan friends. The UT guys in my friend group have caught far more flack for their season than we have for ours. Most everyone outside of GT forums knew we were in for a long season and massive rebuild.

RickStromFan

Ramblin' Wreck

And in the case of MTSU and almost-certainly the Citadel, inconsequential.

This doesn't excuse that embarrassing debacle of a loss. But the 2013 loss to the mutts was worse.

RickStromFan

Ramblin' Wreck

Or

Yet absolutely no one in the national discussion of college football EVER mentions the Citadel loss and it was barely a blip the very day it happened. Why? Because it's inconsequential and just not as big a deal as we think. We've been relegated to irrelevance long before this season started and everyone outside our forums predicted just about everything we've seen so far: Losses during a major rebuild/overhaul of our program.

I totally agree with your other 3 examples.