Geoff Collins - Head Coaching Numbers

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
No I didn’t run a formal survey commissioned by Rand Corporation or something. All I’m saying is nobody down here in Florida where I work or any place I hang out thought our season would turn out like this. We’re just football fans & almost to a man I get “Hey GT, what the hell did you guys do?”. Some of you guys live in some sort of be nice to GT bubble or you just ignore what you don’t want to hear. I understand the desire to paint the program as completely broke, because that gives everybody a natural excuse for writing this season & next season off. Frankly, decisions were made & they have repercussions. Different choices could have been made & the results would have been different. How different, anyone’s guess. There are facts at hand: We were 7-6 last year which is not a horrible record. We are 2-7 this year. Asterisk it all you want but we have a record and it is what it is. We didn't have to be 2-7 this year. We chose to transition in the fashion we have.
Here's the thing though. There had been a vocal group of fans and alumni during the last few years of CPJs tenure that wanted us to ditch the triple. Our Athletic department decided to hire a coach that would change us back to the pre cpj days. We didn't have to go that route, we could have hired another option coach
But realistically option 1 which we did is going to be better in the long run for the program
Option 2 would have had immediate effects but overall wouldn't help in the long run

No one enjoys were the season is at, coach may have hyped this season up a bit too much compared to where are actually at. But right now it is what it is, we just have to trust that next season will turn out better. I'm of the firm belief we can't judge season one as a case for his firing considering the circumstances.

All we can do as fans is continue to support the team and the program and help build things for years to come . After this week's game I do actually see potential on offense which I really haven't seen all season

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
Are we sure about this?
I don't think we can necessarily say either way yet. But the consensus from the vocal anti cpj / option crowd was that it's boring to watch (I personally didn't think so) and it hurt recruiting
I thought it gave us an upper hand, especially if we can mix in a passing threat.

But I just find it interesting seeing all those that complained for 10 years on here about hating the option now complaining that we shouldnt have gone through this transition

This is year one under the transition most of us knew it was going to be rough and very different than the galey to cpj transition, in fact this is almost 180. I'm just reserving judgment until next year

Which by then I hope we have the offense figured out. I just think overall we are going to have a more appealing program towards recruits with the new system . From what I've been reading , people are buying in even with the bad record

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
I don't think we can necessarily say either way yet. But the consensus from the vocal anti cpj / option crowd was that it's boring to watch (I personally didn't think so) and it hurt recruiting
I thought it gave us an upper hand, especially if we can mix in a passing threat.

But I just find it interesting seeing all those that complained for 10 years on here about hating the option now complaining that we shouldnt have gone through this transition

This is year one under the transition most of us knew it was going to be rough and very different than the galey to cpj transition, in fact this is almost 180. I'm just reserving judgment until next year

Which by then I hope we have the offense figured out. I just think overall we are going to have a more appealing program towards recruits with the new system . From what I've been reading , people are buying in even with the bad record

Yeah, I expected us to struggle on offense simply because we don’t have any tackles on the roster that fit a traditional scheme. Everywhere else I thought we were at least okay.

I am intrigued by the revisionist history (not by you) on the transition from Gailey to Johnson. I don’t intend to suggest it was a consensus, but SI predicted us to go 3-9 that season.