Gameday!

ClydeBrick

Ramblin' Wreck
Brothers and sisters, the long offseason is finally over.

Can you feel it? I can. I have had a spring in my step all week. Logic tells me, as have many football prognosticators, that dread should be so thick in the air for GT that I should feel suffocated. And yet I smile.

Gameday.

As usual, I have been torn; Summer is too short but it stands in the way of the beginning of football season. I have not wished any of the Summer away, but I have been eager for today to get here.

Gameday.

The Brave and Bold have been working hard becoming a brotherhood. We fans should take heed, it is only when we are united in supporting these fine young men and the coaches that are here to lead them that our support is magnified. Today is one of those days where it really counts.

Gameday.

I love Gameday. There is something about it and nothing else has the same affect on me. The tradition, the hype, the tailgating, the band, the rivalries, the memories, the games! Gathering at Grant Field for home games as generations of Tech fans have done for over a century. There is nothing else like it.

Gameday.

Some of us are making the trip and will join the team in Clemson; Godspeed to you all. Your passion for the Yellow Jackets burns bright. As IBB said in his thread; be loud and be proud. I wish that I was making the trip with you as football on a warm summer night can be a special thing. Alas, like so many I am left fighting for a shot at trying to get the ACCN conveniently in my home. Damn you Comcast!

Enough of this waxing poetic. We have waited all year and it is finally here. Game one of the new era in GT Football; the Geoff Collins Era. It is like Christmas morning and we all have a new toy to play with. Get up, get hype and get your gold on. Show everyone at work - or wherever you are - where your football loyalties lie today. The Yellow Jackets are playing tonite, its Gameday!

Toe meets leather at 8PM

GO JACKETS!

STING 'EM!

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
Brothers and sisters, the long offseason is finally over.

Can you feel it? I can. I have had a spring in my step all week. Logic tells me, as have many football prognosticators, that dread should be so thick in the air for GT that I should feel suffocated. And yet I smile.

Gameday.

As usual, I have been torn; Summer is too short but it stands in the way of the beginning of football season. I have not wished any of the Summer away, but I have been eager for today to get here.

Gameday.

The Brave and Bold have been working hard becoming a brotherhood. We fans should take heed, it is only when we are united in supporting these fine young men and the coaches that are here to lead them that our support is magnified. Today is one of those days where it really counts.

Gameday.

I love Gameday. There is something about it and nothing else has the same affect on me. The tradition, the hype, the tailgating, the band, the rivalries, the memories, the games! Gathering at Grant Field for home games as generations of Tech fans have done for over a century. There is nothing else like it.

Gameday.

Some of us are making the trip and will join the team in Clemson; Godspeed to you all. Your passion for the Yellow Jackets burns bright. As IBB said in his thread; be loud and be proud. I wish that I was making the trip with you as football on a warm summer night can be a special thing. Alas, like so many I am left fighting for a shot at trying to get the ACCN conveniently in my home. Damn you Comcast!

Enough of this waxing poetic. We have waited all year and it is finally here. Game one of the new era in GT Football; the Geoff Collins Era. It is like Christmas morning and we all have a new toy to play with. Get up, get hype and get your gold on. Show everyone at work - or wherever you are - where your football loyalties lie today. The Yellow Jackets are playing tonite, its Gameday!

Toe meets leather at 8PM

GO JACKETS!

STING 'EM!

welcome back brother!!!
its been a long time.

GIVE EM HELL TECH!!

UP WITH WHITE AND GOLD!!!!

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
GT GAMEDAY.jpg

Mihalak

Georgia Tech Fan
Wes Durham just said that Clemson returns only 1 defensive player from last season who recorded a sack. Lets Go!

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
Gameday...finally. It has been a long year for me.

Last year on this day, I sat in the Grady Burn Center ICU, waiting for my condition to deteriorate. (You read that right; the doctors told me that things would get much worse before they got better, and boyo, they weren't telling me the half of it.) My wife pulled up the Alcorn State game in the TV in my room (...a pox on that accursed school; every time we play them I end up in the ER...), but it held no real interest for me.

Bad stuff happened; we'll leave it at that.

I was discharged the day after the Clemson game. The remainder of September and October were spent clawing my way back toward normalcy, but eye damage meant that games on TV were mostly just a blur...and actually reading any Gameday threads here was a bust. I could only really listen to the games on radio.

I made it to the Duke tailgate (not the game...mercifully, as it turned out). I made it through half of the Miami game (and by that time, my eyesight had recovered enough both to see the game and to participate in GSwarm). I made it through the whole Virginia game, overtime possessions included.

That was my season.

I know all this is not the upbeat kind of story that belongs in the Gameday thread; I've relayed it to you only so that you can fully understand what I am about to say:

Life is good. Gameday is better.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
@ClydeBrick you represent the best of us with these threads. I am excited as anyone else’s about this game and season.

Let’s all take heed of the wisdom he shared. Circle up and grab the shoulder of the ones next to you. This will be a long and crazy season. The team needs us to walk <strong> TOGETHER </strong>. They need us to remember that <strong>WE </strong> are all part of a great tradition. Part of extended yellow jacket family and make up a <strong>SWARM </strong> of support.

Toe meets leather today boys and girls, but the sweat and the blood and the effort they put in up to this point have already defined the season they’ll have. Now it’s our time to rally and support, the cheer and to celebrate because for the next 12 games (potentially 3 more) are what it’s all about.

Give ‘em Hell Tech!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk