Gameday!

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Gameday...finally. It has been a long year for me.

Last year on this day, I sat in the Grady Burn Center ICU, waiting for my condition to deteriorate. (You read that right; the doctors told me that things would get much worse before they got better, and boyo, they weren't telling me the half of it.) My wife pulled up the Alcorn State game in the TV in my room (...a pox on that accursed school; every time we play them I end up in the ER...), but it held no real interest for me.

Bad stuff happened; we'll leave it at that.

I was discharged the day after the Clemson game. The remainder of September and October were spent clawing my way back toward normalcy, but eye damage meant that games on TV were mostly just a blur...and actually reading any Gameday threads here was a bust. I could only really listen to the games on radio.

I made it to the Duke tailgate (not the game...mercifully, as it turned out). I made it through half of the Miami game (and by that time, my eyesight had recovered enough both to see the game and to participate in GSwarm). I made it through the whole Virginia game, overtime possessions included.

That was my season.

I know all this is not the upbeat kind of story that belongs in the Gameday thread; I've relayed it to you only so that you can fully understand what I am about to say:

Life is good. Gameday is better.
Wow thats awful, hope your fully recovered and never look back.......Go Jackets!

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Leaving work shortly after lunch, game time out here is 6:00 MT. Hung the flag on the house this morning ... not that many in Boise really know what it is, but maybe it's time we make them find out !
Why isn't your flag hung all the time? Inquiring minds demand an answer...

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
Wow thats awful, hope your fully recovered and never look back.......Go Jackets!
I'm mostly recovered physically, but to be honest the nightmares while sedated on fentanyl are more real in my memory than most of my recovery—but then on the other hand, you know the old saying:

"That which does not kill me merely serves to P*** Me Off." ;)

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
I fly the Stars and Stripes regularly, but switch out on Gameday ...

tenor.gif

Deleted member 2897

A friendly fan request. Last year we started out playing bad and got some bad luck too and were 1-3. The amount of 'we suck' negativity out on social media was absurd. These players give their heart and soul to this football team despite the rigor that is Georgia Tech in the classroom as we all know. Our guys are not Parks & Rec majors who go down slides and get massages all day. They do real work. Its okay to get mad and frustrated at games, but we need to have unified, unconditional support of our program and our young men. Please be relentlessly positive after the game no matter how it goes. Its important to be behind our guys for a bunch of reasons.

Milwaukee

Banned
A friendly fan request. Last year we started out playing bad and got some bad luck too and were 1-3. The amount of 'we suck' negativity out on social media was absurd. These players give their heart and soul to this football team despite the rigor that is Georgia Tech in the classroom as we all know. Our guys are not Parks & Rec majors who go down slides and get massages all day. They do real work. Its okay to get mad and frustrated at games, but we need to have unified, unconditional support of our program and our young men. Please be relentlessly positive after the game no matter how it goes. Its important to be behind our guys for a bunch of reasons.

Unfortunately I think a select few will show their true colors tonight mostly towards our staff if we do not win. But hell what am I even talking about, 34-32 GT with the upset.

Where’s the prediction thread??