Gameday Experience And More

joehamiltonfan14

Jolly Good Fellow
I love BDS! If I had to make any changes, I’d shrink the size of the upper north and remove 5-6,000 seats. It’s really too big for our needs.

slugboy

Staff member
UCLA is giving away a TON of tickets—lots of programs are having attendance issues

@RedditCFB: UCLA (0-2) is apparently giving 4 free tickets for the upcoming game vs Oklahoma to Bruins ticket holders that attended the UCLA loss to San Diego State (via @equitybruin)

I’m not sure if we could do something more flexible—though what’s more flexible than a tarp?—but the SRO areas that ATL United uses at the Benz is an interesting approach

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Well, we can’t afford to build a new stadium, or maybe even tear down GF. Maybe if the school gave us a trillion $ for the sight :).

And every college that has transferred their “home” games to NFL stadiums has paid a horrible price (Pitt, um, temple. USC played in the coliseum before nfl arrived).

Age old question is, once again, how can an engineering school not have the ability to construct a symmetrical football stadium? And when Grant Field was built surrounding streets were not an issue.

GT flunkout

Jolly Good Fellow
I've been to lots of away stadiums.

BDS is a cathedral of college football. It has amazing sight lines and the seats are right on top of the field. Slather it in history and tradition, on a site that is completely integrated into the actual campus of the school and a backdrop that is unparalleled.

Why would anyone pine for anything approaching symmetrical and cookie cutter?

Yeah, some of the concourses are pain in the *** (looking at you, lower east). Sometimes it's hot. But damn we're lucky.

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
I love everything about the atmosphere and environment I just think a renovation would help with ticket sales.
I agree with you. You can love something and still want it to be better. Die hard fans like those of us on this forum are gonna go to BDS no matter what, but things like incredibly long concession times, impossibly small gaps between rows, and no relief from the heat aren't going to convince non die hards to get off their couch and come to the game.

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
I agree with you. You can love something and still want it to be better. Die hard fans like those of us on this forum are gonna go to BDS no matter what, but things like incredibly long concession times, impossibly small gaps between rows, and no relief from the heat aren't going to convince non die hards to get off their couch and come to the game.

As what I consider a middle aged fan (41, not old, not young), but in terms of associating with a demographic, I definitely skew younger in my preferences, I actually really like BDS. But I would like to see a total overhaul of the concourses/concession areas. They really do look and feel so antiquated. After visiting Clemson (I know we don’t have the money of Clemson, but still...) and seeing how nice that entire stadium is set up, from concessions to merchandise areas inside the stadium to seating, I think we could use a shot in the arm in that aspect.