Gameday Experience And More

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
They could even build a movable wall along the stadium side that could expand east on game day to provide additional "Concourse" space within the stadium perimeter.

They currently do this, with food service out there, but for some reason very few people know about it. And then they shut it down at the start of the 3rd quarter.

Ayo Taylor-Dixon Senior Associate AD / External Operations 404.894.5411, man in charge of gameday experience.

Animal02

Banned
They did that last year (and, I assume, this year), but there was no way to get to that additional concourse from the upper deck.
What I am saying is if they closed off Techwood permanently from North to 3rd, rebuilt it as a pedestrian mall.....on game days, you could create a much larger area by extending into that and yes, with Techwood closed off, they could probably make additional access stairs to the upper east.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
What I am saying is if they closed off Techwood permanently from North to 3rd, rebuilt it as a pedestrian mall.....on game days, you could create a much larger area by extending into that and yes, with Techwood closed off, they could probably make additional access stairs to the upper east.

Probably has something to do with the city or state not allowing it - but Cripes almighty that is such a sensible approach to solve a huge problem and it would raise more $.

Animal02

Banned
Probably has something to do with the city or state not allowing it - but Cripes almighty that is such a sensible approach to solve a huge problem and it would raise more $.
I do not think it is a state road......it would only be the city. They close the road at the top of the hill, it should not be that big an issue.....would cut down through traffic through campus as well.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
I'm pretty sure football game attendance is not high on the list of criteria that determine whether we admit legacies, but by your dumb logic we should not admit anyone that is going to join a frat. Nothing worse than empty seats until the second quarter.

Who’s fault is that? I was in a frat and we all went to the games. Sitting in flashcards was a blast.

Moving the student section and putting premium seats on the East destroyed attendance .. including students.