Game Thread - Bethune Cookman, 12/1/2019

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
So you think that GT shouldn’t care about sports ? Wow , I’m sure the people that root for GT woke up one morning & said hey I wanna cheer for GT because they love academics so much but don’t put much emphasis on sports . The primary reason for an institution of higher learning is of course academics , but there’s nothing wrong with doing something 100%, schools generate tons of cash off sports & you’re gonna play then go big , maybe if we don’t care about it we should join Ivy League

You seem to not understand what I asked, proving me correct.

Funds for GT athletics are not funded by the School. It's funded by entirely separate funding sources.

You really should just go off and join Dwag Nation.

THWG16

Ramblin' Wreck
Do you even understand the difference between giving to the School and giving to Athletics? I'm positive you do not.

Also, if you're so fired up about how we don't care, go be a fan of a school that does. You seem like an ideal candidate to become a UGA fan.
Every school that has athletics should care about them

THWG16

Ramblin' Wreck
You seem to not understand what I asked, proving me correct.

Funds for GT athletics are not funded by the School. It's funded by entirely separate funding sources.

You really should just go off and join Dwag Nation.
You need to go to your Star Trek message board

alagold

Helluva Engineer
Whew....need so many on this team to act like they have any sense of basketball IQ

EXACTLY
I watched a few minutes of the 1st half and I saw seven errors in play in 3 minutes--from bad dribbling to bad fouls to poor rebounding position to poor passes . It is just infuriating to watch .We are playing a crap team but it looks like we are playing an ACC team!
Without Banks this team next yr is in real trouble--he saved us 6 times while I was watching..

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Waste ?? Wow , oh yeah trying to better the second most important sport on campus would be a waste !! I don’t think we’ll have a choice but to fire him , we’ve reached horrible depths as a once proud program & if you think he’s innocent of all the drama that’s surrounded the program you’re crazy

I've never said he's innocent. I've never even said Pastner has shown he can be the long term solution.

I've repeatedly tried to get you to understand that firing him at this juncture is challenging due to budgetary constraints. You refuse to understand or help. You also try desperately to deflect to reasons that aren't part of your overall thesis.

Suck it up & deal with reality.

THWG16

Ramblin' Wreck
Until his buyout is affordable or he moves on of his own accord because we do not have the funds to waste on firing him and getting nothing for it.
I’m glad you don’t run the show or wait maybe you do ...maybe that’s why you get so mad when someone actually shows concern or dismay about the state of GT athletics . But hey maybe we should all be like you : just take the attitude of this is a very proud , elite academic school & don’t worry about athletics , as long our athletes try , who gives a rip how bad we get & how bad our arch rival kicks us around , as long as we can strive to be the MIT of the south that’s all that counts

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I started to watch this game, but did not like what I saw early on. I glanced at the scoreboard and knew my blood pressure would be better off if I stuck to what I was doing instead of watching. I was right apparently.

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
I started to watch this game, but did not like what I saw early on. I glanced at the scoreboard and knew my blood pressure would be better off if I stuck to what I was doing instead of watching. I was right apparently.

Every time GT got a lead, they turned it over terribly. They were very lucky to win this.

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
Tonight's to blame on poor sets to execute & lackluster effort/focus, especially relative to Bethune Cookman's "want-to". This doesn't change the fact that you need to start donating more.

Maybe if you were critical, instead of a complainer, you wouldn't get called out for being a terrible fan, as you deserve to be.

thank you.

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
Part of an elaborate cover story for someone who's a dwag in disguise.

(I can make strawman arguments als0)
Both of you all are Tech fans. Quit attacking each other. We are all frustrated with our basketball program and remember better days, but that seems like forever ago. I keep hoping we will get better, but don’t think we are getting much closer.

THWG16

Ramblin' Wreck
Both of you all are Tech fans. Quit attacking each other. We are all frustrated with our basketball program and remember better days, but that seems like forever ago. I keep hoping we will get better, but don’t think we are getting much closer.
Amen

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
that is so not what he said!

This is factual. My initial response to yet another of his complaints was critical of both coaches & players.

It's not difficult to be a critic without the whininess, but THWG16 only knows how to whine without being critical.