Game 3 Georgia Tech vs Syracuse Media

GTRhino24

GT Athlete
We live in a world where being offended is a badge of honor. Like another poster said, if Key doesn’t remember him, so what? Hell, I shared a locker room with Brent and I don’t expect him to remember me. He was a big deal and I wasn’t. I’m not offended. I had even forgotten about Brent until he popped back up on campus a few years ago. I hope we get real physical tomorrow and shut this guys mouth.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
Are Syracuse fans usually this inflamed / combustible?

I had no idea man. Almost seems like a bit at this point. Their HC literally was talking about Key “only said they needed to be physical - nothing about Xs and Os, so I guess they just think they need to be physical against us.”

That’s like psychological disorder territory to be able to take what Key’s said about this game and twist it to that. The weirdest case of main character syndrome I’ve ever seen with respect to their program and its status. Guess we’ve just avoided having to interact with them too much since they’ve joined. Glad that’s been the case.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
stripes lighten GIF

ThatGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
What did Harris say there? Cuse board has like a 4 page thread about how Harris said “**** Syracuse” and Key laughed at it.
I think he said something like,

"F***."

As in, "F***, man, you want me to say something?"

And Key got him out of there before he said more.

Cuse fans (and coaches, and players?) seem to be looking for ways to paint us as villains, and themselves as the underdog "good guys."

Personally, when I hear Key say "We're going to go up there and get in a fight," it means we're going to be physical, against someone else who may or may not be physical - but likely is going to be competing hard. I heard nothing in that statement about "We're going to bully them." It was "We intend to bring our best, aggressive effort - and we know we're going to get some scrapes and bruises along the way."

Regardless, as someone else said, victimhood and being offended are sadly treated like badges of honor these days - even when the offense is conjured out of thin air.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
What did Harris say there? Cuse board has like a 4 page thread about how Harris said “**** Syracuse” and Key laughed at it.
Here I thought we were gonna have a nice little competitive football game with our friends from north.
Now they gone and done it.
Now I believe an arsewhuppin is in order. So much for southern hospitality. Let’s get it on! Can I change my prediction?

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Seeing as KQ was in the room when it happened and even he says it was a "nothing quote", I'm guessing Harris said nothing against SU.
This is in reference to something else.

In his Monday presser, Fran Brown said he knew Key from his days when Brown played at Western Carolina. The inference was that there was some type of relationship. Key was asked about it during his Tues presser, and he largely brushed off any semblance of a relationship.

This situation is really Brown's ego getting in the way. While Key may have been intentional in his choice of words, Brown and 'Cuse fans are playing it up as something more.