Game 3 Georgia Tech vs Syracuse Media

dmurdock

Jolly Good Fellow
Prior to this week, I really didn't know anything about Fran Brown. I knew there was some buzz during the offseason regarding their recruiting and portal additions, and as such there was some positive buzz around the Syracuse program. This week I did a little research on his background (especially after I heard he had been a player on a team while Key was a coach) and watched a couple videos from this week regarding our game. He is very different from Key; Key is so focused, meticulous and methodical, and his message is always so on-point and spoken with authority. Brown is laid back and humble, but exudes a quiet confidence and you get the feeling that behind the scenes he knows what he is doing and is quite effective. He is still learning to be a HC and there are going to be bumps in the road for him, but if Syracuse is patient with him I think he will be a successful coach. I like him and will be rooting for him and Syracuse, when they aren't playing us of course.

Now, time to put that first bump in the road that he can't overcome this weekend.

Go Jackets.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Really great exchange with Kevin Harris at the 4:40 mark. They seem loose.

Key is so similar to Johnson, emphasizing that it’s not about focusing on the opponent that wins games, it’s focusing on doing what you do and executing it well. Just like Johnson used to do he mentions that in some form at least once in every press conference.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I think we appreciated CPJ a whole lot more than most of us knew. I can only hope CBK will be as successful.
It feels like we’ve had two no nonsense, real human-being, honest authentic coaches in a row with some kind of cartoon scarecrow bad dream squeezed in between them. So happy Key is our coach. And so happy that, like CPJ, he wants to do things the right way.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
It appears their coach has spent a lot of time watching CBK's pressers based on that video. He made at least 2 or 3 references to things Key has brought up this week. It would seem that he is trying to use some of Key's words as bulletin board material talking about how coach said they didn't really know each other and how we are going to try to "bully" them by being more physical than they are. I think coach Brown is trying to make this something personal in order to fire his team up. Feel like we should keep an eye on cheap hits and stuff happening after the whistle on this one. I hope CBK uses coach Brown's words as motivation for our team as well.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Personally I hope Key's success can be similar to Boddy Dodd. He has the full support of the school and GT nation needed to get it done that Paul did not have.
With Batt at AD and AC at prez giving him support, we can rebuild some bridges.

At pre kick off of gsu game AC had a group of BOR reps being honored on field near the north end zone which was packed w roudy gt students all in white.
At coin flip we had gov kemp and wife.
I am sure they went to the fancy suite for glad handing.
Getting some shared courses GT/GSU to round out a degree would help getting rid of the preception of gt being uppity ( we are smart, therefore you're dumb) and help with portal andc5th yesr sr players.

apatriot1776

Jolly Good Fellow
It appears their coach has spent a lot of time watching CBK's pressers based on that video. He made at least 2 or 3 references to things Key has brought up this week. It would seem that he is trying to use some of Key's words as bulletin board material talking about how coach said they didn't really know each other and how we are going to try to "bully" them by being more physical than they are. I think coach Brown is trying to make this something personal in order to fire his team up. Feel like we should keep an eye on cheap hits and stuff happening after the whistle on this one. I hope CBK uses coach Brown's words as motivation for our team as well.
Lot of Syracuse fans are awful offended that a Key isn't super close with Brown, who was a DB on the opposite side of the ball in practice for a couple months, 20 years ago. Key has had probably 800 to 1,000 players under his watch with a similar relationship since then. Even if they might've got along in practice, do you really think that Kevin Sherrer and Malik Rutherford would be best friends in 2044? Like, I have zero expectations that a favorite HS coach would remember me beyond maybe recognizing my name and face. Just a weird thing to perceive as a slight.