Game 3 Georgia Tech vs Syracuse Media

gtrower

Helluva Engineer

This is just the most bizarre thing I’ve ever seen from a fanbase. They’ve straight fabricated “bulletin board material” out of thin air. Made even stranger by the fact that their Head Coach seems to be the instigator?

The level of insecurity needed to assume a bleeped comment in a presser w/ no other context was actually “**** Syracuse” is impressive really.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
This is just the most bizarre thing I’ve ever seen from a fanbase. They’ve straight fabricated “bulletin board material” out of thin air. Made even stranger by the fact that their Head Coach seems to be the instigator?

The level of insecurity needed to assume a bleeped comment in a presser w/ no other context was actually “**** Syracuse” is impressive really.
Regarding fabricated drama in general, and speculating here, Fran Brown most recently worked under Kirby Smart.

My memory is fuzzy, but I remember the following. Smart convinced his team in 2022 that they were being disrespected and no one thought they would win the SEC championship let alone national championship. This was a year after they won national championship and they were still ranked #1. Incredible mind games.

Brown looks petulant and short-sighted with his choice of words in the postgame press conference. He is going to lose the core of his offense and defense after this year - McCord, Allen, Gadsden (most likely), Pena, Wax, Diggs, Baron, etc. The receipts are going to be ugly next year when they have a harder schedule (Tennessee + ND non-conference) unless they catch lightning in a bottle once more through the portal.

As much as I don't like it when my two favorite teams square off, I am glad we get them at home next year to restore order.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Regarding fabricated drama in general, and speculating here, Fran Brown most recently worked under Kirby Smart.

My memory is fuzzy, but I remember the following. Smart convinced his team in 2022 that they were being disrespected and no one thought they would win the SEC championship let alone national championship. This was a year after they won national championship and they were still ranked #1. Incredible mind games.

Brown looks petulant and short-sighted with his choice of words in the postgame press conference. He is going to lose the core of his offense and defense after this year - McCord, Allen, Gadsden (most likely), Pena, Wax, Diggs, Baron, etc. The receipts are going to be ugly next year when they have a harder schedule (Tennessee + ND non-conference) unless they catch lightning in a bottle once more through the portal.

As much as I don't like it when my two favorite teams square off, I am glad we get them at home next year to restore order.
I just hate it that the manufactured outrage seemed to work. Not sure how you defend against another team having extra motivation because of something they think you said. But, as I’ve alluded to before, if their coach acts this way after a win a loss could really make the program come unglued with this style of leadership.

ThatGuy

Ramblin' Wreck

That's a great point. I kept thinking of Kirby's bulletin board antics when hearing about how Fran Brown was beating that drum - completely blanked on the time he spent in Athens. All makes sense now.

bhoffman123

Georgia Tech Fan
I saw an article on AJC that said Hamilton is MIA from his radio broadcast gig. No explaniation.

Anyone know whats going on?

Attachments

• 1725913266095.png
    1725913266095.png
    721.8 KB · Views: 14

Spalding Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow

Do you sense Fran is hoping to snag a better job offer this offseason if he gets Cuse to 10 plus wins?

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
I saw an article on AJC that said Hamilton is MIA from his radio broadcast gig. No explaniation.

Anyone know whats going on?

Curious about this. I was at the game, but a buddy mentioned it today. Hope it isn't the same type of issue he had when he got the coaching gig with Johnson.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Do you sense Fran is hoping to snag a better job offer this offseason if he gets Cuse to 10 plus wins?
I don’t.

I also don’t think they’ll reach 10 this year nor do I think a materially bigger program is going to risk going after him, especially when you look at the balance of the roster. They are going to lose a lot of pieces this offseason, critical to this season’s success, to the point where they’ll be scrapping to make a bowl next year.

I’d put the current odds at them not making a bowl next year, assuming an average transfer portal offseason (big If). McCord fell in their lap and there was a prior connection there. Unlikely to replicate. If our backfield returns, we will be double digit favorites at home vs them next year.