Game 11 #CUSEvsGT Ramblings

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Cuse, are we anticipating a weird run-only game by them as well?
Your guess is as good as mine. If forced to guess, I would say yes for two reasons:
1) it was an intentional shift to reestablish an identity of playing tough
2) they are playing against our defense

Part of me wonders if, in order to justify and commit to a change of this magnitude, Babers and co looked ahead at their schedule and thought “Pitt, good defense, let’s surprise them. GT can’t stop the run. Wake, who knows.”

slugboy

Staff member
Ironically, this game (and last weekend’s Clemson game) are the kind of games where I could see Thacker dial up something different, but he’s not DC any longer

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
What worries me is that Syracuse reminds me of BC. Good (ok, decent) O line and rushing game. Not much of a threat to pass. So what did BC do? Offense ran wild, held the ball over and over again on long drives and beat us in the 4th quarter.
Our offense has to really click for us to win any game. Including this one. I’m scared.

Dinner_Jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Worries me that this type offense wears our defense out and by the 4th Quarter, we can’t stop a big 230lb stud to save our lives.
We have to get off the field and not allow 7 & 8 minute drives.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
What worries me is that Syracuse reminds me of BC. Good (ok, decent) O line and rushing game. Not much of a threat to pass. So what did BC do? Offense ran wild, held the ball over and over again on long drives and beat us in the 4th quarter.
Our offense has to really click for us to win any game. Including this one. I’m scared.
you are not the only one. if we can't get their offense off the field, it could be a long game.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
C'mon you guys. This is going to be like Virginia, right?
Yes, it might be. Or it could be like BG or Clemson. This is GT FB after all. At the end of the day, nobody really knows for sure. Excep for the fact that we are going to beat down the Dwags at BDS..... It's simply not mathematically possible for us to flip a coin and get heads 12 times in a row. Those of you who might actually remember your stats class (and let's be real clear, that's just a handful of you) might say, "yeah bro, it actually is" but c'mon man. Who needs you debby downer mathnerds on here ruining our fun???? Seriously. We are going to sweep our next two night games at Calvin Johnson Field at Kia Stadium!!! You heard it here first. I just have that strange tingly feeling I get every time we beat Syracuse and Uga in back to back home night games.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I feel our team does better if GTSwarm is in full meltdown mode leading into the game.

Don't let the team down fellow GTSwarmers! Let's rail about our coaches, how ineffective King is, how bad we are on defense, how special teams is our achilles heal, how bad our tackling is...and of course, how awful our unis are! Don't hold back...

GT33

Helluva Engineer
I feel our team does better if GTSwarm is in full meltdown mode leading into the game.

Don't let the team down fellow GTSwarmers! Let's rail about our coaches, how ineffective King is, how bad we are on defense, how special teams is our achilles heal, how bad our tackling is...and of course, how awful our unis are! Don't hold back...
We're worse than Colorado.

How's that @Techster ?

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Your guess is as good as mine. If forced to guess, I would say yes for two reasons:
1) it was an intentional shift to reestablish an identity of playing tough
2) they are playing against our defense

Part of me wonders if, in order to justify and commit to a change of this magnitude, Babers and co looked ahead at their schedule and thought “Pitt, good defense, let’s surprise them. GT can’t stop the run. Wake, who knows.”
I believe GT can stop the run when we don't have to defend for passes. It's the veer option that worries me.

slugboy

Staff member
Adding nothing to this conversation…

IMG_0344.jpeg

This is just the kind of junk I would love if we did it

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Reminds of a game against Va. Tech a few years back. They had this big old quarterback; I believe his name was Logan Thomas. They just kept running him up the middle and got their line behind him and pushed him down field 5 or 6 yards at a time. They kept running it over and over and over and we never figured out how to stop it. I was begging our guys to go low and take his legs out from under him, but we just tried to stand him up and got continuously pushed back.

I think running the ball is a great strategy against our defense. I hope our coaches tell our defenders to hit the backs low and hard over and over. You do that often enough and you take their will to run away.

Should be a dog fight if we can minimize our mistakes and run the ball as well.

Go Jackets!

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
Reminds of a game against Va. Tech a few years back. They had this big old quarterback; I believe his name was Logan Thomas. They just kept running him up the middle and got their line behind him and pushed him down field 5 or 6 yards at a time. They kept running it over and over and over and we never figured out how to stop it. I was begging our guys to go low and take his legs out from under him, but we just tried to stand him up and got continuously pushed back.

I think running the ball is a great strategy against our defense. I hope our coaches tell our defenders to hit the backs low and hard over and over. You do that often enough and you take their will to run away.

Go Jackets!
He is a TE with the Washington Commanders now.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer

Go Jackets!
This was 2011. Very frustrating game but memorable, Coastal/Charlotte on the line. Jeremiah Attochu socked Logan Thomas in the head on a 3rd down sack with the lead and momentum and a raucous BDS. Refs called a personal foul and VT drove down the field to take the lead for good.