Votes: 42 25.9%
  • GT by 14+

Votes: 16 9.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
There is adversity in nearly every game. There will be some in this one for sure. Purely from a gut feel perspective, I think this is the year that our DL will actually take the lead with our defense. That hasn't happened for a long time. Additionally, with the returning players/production on offense (especially the OL and an experienced QB who is a student of the game as well as a double threat) we will most likely come out of the gate executing in a fashion that reminds us of late last season (without the intermittent stalls). In other words, this won't seem like an early season game on our part. I trust our coach. I trust our kids. I firmly believe we will do our part. Whether FSU does or not I have no idea. Their program ended last year in chaos. They are replacing a lot. Their QB hasn't really shown he is the type to take over a game. I predicted a GT win by a small margin. The only result that would surprise me is a GT meltdown. There is probably an 80% chance that this is a very competitive and exciting matchup and only a 20% chance that FSU shows they have a ways to go in order to get back on track.

LT 1967

Jolly Good Fellow
For me to predict a score on this game is about like me telling a doctor how to perform brain surgery.

However, I believe GT will play tough, slow down their running game, and earn a Plus 2 in the turnover margin. Game will come down to Birr kicking a last second winning field goal for a final score of 31-28.

GO JACKETS!

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
There is adversity in nearly every game. There will be some in this one for sure. Purely from a gut feel perspective, I think this is the year that our DL will actually take the lead with our defense. That hasn't happened for a long time. Additionally, with the returning players/production on offense (especially the OL and an experienced QB who is a student of the game as well as a double threat) we will most likely come out of the gate executing in a fashion that reminds us of late last season (without the intermittent stalls). In other words, this won't seem like an early season game on our part. I trust our coach. I trust our kids. I firmly believe we will do our part. Whether FSU does or not I have no idea. Their program ended last year in chaos. They are replacing a lot. Their QB hasn't really shown he is the type to take over a game. I predicted a GT win by a small margin. The only result that would surprise me is a GT meltdown. There is probably an 80% chance that this is a very competitive and exciting matchup and only a 20% chance that FSU shows they have a ways to go in order to get back on track.
If the DL gains confidence during this game they will just start pinning their ears back and going after people. Couldn’t figure out how to say this without resorting to a cliché but you know what I mean.

Tdrake

Georgia Tech Fan
Real cocky FSU fans at Temple Bar tonight, I really want to humble them tomorrow.

No matter the outcome, we can still tell them we’ll take great care of Josh Petty!
From the flights out to the fsu contingent in Dublin, that’s been their vibe. Snarky comments to the person. They need to be reminded they quit last season. Go Jackets, pound these criminoles!!

Spalding Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Who will win the run game on both sides is the key to this game. I said it at the end of last season, Key needs to make run defense his #1,2 and 3 top priority if we are to improve this season. We are about to find out how much focus it got. I believe Santucci will have us vastly improved and Shanahan will bring us the luck of the Irish by causing FSU punt returner to fumble a late return that we capitalize on with a game winning field goal 27-24 GT, Go Jackets!

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I woke up this morning and certain disparate thoughts came together for what I hope was not an “ah-ha moment.”

FSU purposely laid down for the uga game last year. Nothing to gain from the game after being “cheated” in their minds. Players quit to preserve their playing futures.

The coach was ok with this. Surprisingly so. Almost like he was playing possum. The attitude was “we will get ‘em next year and make sure it counts.”

Nick Saban has suggested that FSU might be the best team in the country this year. I wondered where he was coming from. Then I looked at their roster and understood.

FSU has been planning for this game since last year. This is their coming out party.

I don’t want anyone to hear this as doom and gloom. That’s not what this is about. I am just saying that a Tech win would be more about Tech’s improvement as a team and nothing to do with FSU being down this year. FSU is not down. We are not “catching them at a good time.” They are a formidable opponent.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I edited the post you replied to with some facts about both. IMPO, Dickey was a good coach, who had learned under Frank Broyles at Arkansas, and who finished well with two HOF inductions. Pell was a scab on the butt of college football.

I was in Columbia during Danny Ford’s time and remember the IPTAY thing well.
No one ever said Charley Pell was a good Christian and fine teacher for young men. After all, he was one of Bear Bryant's boys and learned at the foot of one of the masters of dirty recruiting tactics and dirty football.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
No one ever said Charley Pell was a good Christian and fine teacher for young men. After all, he was one of Bear Bryant's boys and learned at the foot of one of the masters of dirty recruiting tactics and dirty football.
Nope, you didn’t. Personally, I’d take Dickey over Pell, but then, I’m not a Gator fan. Thank God.

ETA: And.. I sure as heck take Dickey over Carson.