Votes: 42 25.9%
  • GT by 14+

Votes: 16 9.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
My last memory of the FSU team is laying down in their bowl game. Quality teams and programs don’t quit, ***** and moan. I think it is indicative of other things. Imo. If we punch them in the mouth early I think they have too many new pieces and parts to assimilate quickly. GT - 34, Free Shoes - 24.

Richland County

Jolly Good Fellow
I think that’s a game strategy for them
  1. Knock King out of the game
  2. Get a big play on special teams (their special teams are good)
  3. Win the turnover battle
  4. Wear us out in the second half
We can’t have a quarter with no offense. We need to have a high floor on offense and a high ceiling, too. We need to be fresh in the fourth quarter.
Zach can play. He is a proven gamer. Not as fast but he can read a defense as well and run the offense. Your #2 and #3 are traita Tech has seemingly done in games like this. First game of the year they have in their offense a rookie qb. We don't. Our OL is going to say hello to the college football world this Sat. The defense can't be worse than last year. It just can't. Special team is going to be better also. They have a roster of unknowns. Game 1 against a good hungry team is a recipe for Tech to pull the upset. Don't discount the fsu oc won't be at the game. Gotta believe man!!

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
Going to be a battle. They have a legit OL and DL. We haven’t beaten a team with their talent and depth in the trenches in a long time. We played UGA well last year but we will need another performance like that by our OL. I don’t think their offense is going to be that great this year, but if they can handle us up front they’ll score. I think FSU wins but I think it will be a close game. I can’t see a blowout unless we turn it over a ton. I’m hoping that the defense makes some kind of massive jump but I don’t see how with the DL talent or lack of depth that we have. FSU 31-good guys 27

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
A little over 48 hours until Toe Meets Leather!

Expect a competitive game:
  • It's the White & Gold vs the Garnet & Gold
  • Chris Weinke vs Chris Weinke
  • Two teams who did not make the college football playoff last year

The line opened at FSU by 13.5. Early money sharps have moved the line down to 10.5.

What say you? Poll included.
Don't really know. Its impossible to tell with a team like FSU that is undoubtedly very talented but loaded with new faces. If FSU uses their talented offensive line and two fine running backs to run right at Tech's two overweight defensive tackles they will win by more than two touchdowns. If Tech can stop the run and make Uiagelelei beat them, Tech might win. I am still not sold on that guy. He is the kind of quarterback that looks great, has all the measurables then gets hit in the mouth and starts to feel the pressure of actually leading the team in crunch time. FSU must like him but I would not have him.
A little over 48 hours until Toe Meets Leather!

Expect a competitive game:
  • It's the White & Gold vs the Garnet & Gold
  • Chris Weinke vs Chris Weinke
  • Two teams who did not make the college football playoff last year

The line opened at FSU by 13.5. Early money sharps have moved the line down to 10.5.

What say you? Poll included.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
FSU just had 10 guys drafted. Ten! Last time that happened was 2015 during their last good run. Included in the draftees was Travis who was the difference making type dual threat qb that gets teams to lots of wins. I don’t think ukelele is that kind of player. If you look at their scores from last year, they blew out a few average teams(Syracuse, VT) but only beat early season Clemson by 7, beat Miami by 7 and UF by 9. And struggled past UL with their backup qb in the CG. Something to be said for running the table, but their only real signature win was first game against LSU. Replay that game later in the season and LSU wins. Their recruiting over the past 5 years has been ok(average ranking in low 20s), good not great like it was back in the teens, so I don’t really think their recruited talent is stepping in the fill those voids. So, I really think the team from last year was not as good as they have been made out to be, most of the top level talent from that team is gone so they are relying on their supposed transfer reload to keep things going. Their transfers look good on paper but they are like mostly guys that weren’t getting run at their former schools. So, I just don’t see a decided roster advantage. They are breaking in way more new guys then tech is and it’s the first game of the season, which we see from their beatdown of lsu last year can go any which way. All that being said, i can’t make a prediction for fear of a hex….but i like our odds.
Interesting but I got that beat. In 1978, the Gators had 10 players drafted including first rounder Wes Chandler and only managed to win 4 games. They even lost to Tech. Doug Dickey was fired along with his entire staff including first year quarterback coach Steve Spurrier. Years later after Dickey had become the athletic director of Tennessee he returned to Gainesville for a Tennessee and Florida game with Spurrier as the Gators coach. Florida has this tradition of introducing the opposing teams' athletic director before the game over the PA. The longest, loudest most sustained booing I have ever heard was when Dickey was introduced.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I like your analysis. The big surprise coming is that we have a salty DL that has salty depth. All those veteran FSU OL have been held out in much of their scrimmages , but 3 of the 5 were listed "questionable" on their injury report. One of the media guys on Wake UP Warchant rated FSU's 2023 OL a 5.5 (out of 10). The center and both tackles return. The two transfer guards weren't elite players either according to this analyst. We WILL WIN OUR DEFENSIVE LINE OF SCRIMMAGE. Jackets 30 Seminoles 13.
"Salty" are they? Last year those overweight and out of shape old salts got run over time and time again. I am open to being surprised this year but the best player on that defensive line last year was Kennard and he is not back.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
When it comes to predicting GT football outcomes, a true fan will never pick against us. I don’t care who the competition is. That’s not being a fan. Even if you think we will lose. You can never say it out loud.
OK, I am not a true fan but I am still picking FSU to win by two touchdowns. I want to believe the hype about the defense...nah, can't do it.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I was looking for game previews, and they’re all gambling previews—not much on who to watch or why.

FSU
Is D.J. Uiagaleilei the underachiever from Clemson, or the Oregon State guy who put up numbers? My guess is something in between.
Running Back: Trey Benson was the guy last year. The main replacements are seniors who didn’t beat out Benson.
OL: it’s stout. This is one of our two biggest matchup challenges
TE and WR: they lost talent here, too. Their TE’s aren’t amazing, but are they a matchup issue for us?

DL: they reloaded. Patrick Payton and Marvin Jones Jr are tough, and they have great DTs. Our OL will have their hands full.
LB: DJ Lundy is apparently the guy—third in tackles for them last year. Lots of turnover here
DBs: they’re really good. They were one of the best pass defenses in the country last season. Some turnover, but they brought in good replacements

The critical piece is how does our front six perform against their OL and TEs? Santucci, Pope, and Simpson will need to coach their tails off in this game.

I pulled up last year’s Duke v FSU game to get a taste of what this year’s game could be. Jordan Travis took over that game

I don’t think DJU is Jordan Travis, who would have been a Heisman leader if he hadn’t broken his leg. I also think our offense is better than Duke’s was last season.

I’m gonna say GT 31-FSU 24.

That barely puts my pick into the 7-13 range

"I don't think DJU is Jordan Travis..." He is not Jordan Travis. He is not the Duke quarterback. He is not King, He is not a lot of guys. He is a front runner who will look great as long as he is asked to hand off and throw easy passes to wide open receivers because he can camp out behind that massive offensive line and take his time. If he has to step up, and is under heavy pressure in a critical must complete the pass situation. Forget about it.

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer
I voted Jackets by <7 yesterday. After sleeping on it, I feel it will be a close loss by about 3. I am glad we had two weeks to prepare for them, but our D has to win a lot of 3rd down conversions for us to have a chance. IMO, FSU will dominate TOP, but we will get a few big plays. Should be a great game.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Interesting but I got that beat. In 1978, the Gators had 10 players drafted including first rounder Wes Chandler and only managed to win 4 games. They even lost to Tech. Doug Dickey was fired along with his entire staff including first year quarterback coach Steve Spurrier. Years later after Dickey had become the athletic director of Tennessee he returned to Gainesville for a Tennessee and Florida game with Spurrier as the Gators coach. Florida has this tradition of introducing the opposing teams' athletic director before the game over the PA. The longest, loudest most sustained booing I have ever heard was when Dickey was introduced.
Dickey is who Dodd had picked to succeed him at Tech, IIRC. The board over ruled him and chose Carson. Dickey was a good coach. Just couldn’t quite get over the hump at UT or UF.