Future Opponents: Bama and Ga State

deeznats

Jolly Good Fellow
If you have proof they wont think about it, name your bet.

You want me to have proof of what GSU is thinking? They won't require season tickets to buy GT tickets (although they'll obviously give season ticket holders first dibs at extra tix like we do), it's just a dumb decision to do so and makes no sense. Not even worth TStan thinking about.

If you are serious (which I don't think you are because you are wording your way around), I'll say $100. If they require season tickets to buy GT tickets I'll pay you $100. Otherwise you pay me $100.

heyhellowhatsup

Jolly Good Fellow
Hate to burst anybody’s bubble but if you think GA Tech is above playing @GA St, my other alma mater, Rice (a smaller school than GA St), is hosting/has hosted in the last three and next three seasons, Baylor, Wake, Texas, and LSU.

If LSU can play @Rice, then GT can play @GASt.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
Hate to burst anybody’s bubble but if you think GA Tech is above playing @GA St, my other alma mater, Rice (a smaller school than GA St), is hosting/has hosted in the last three and next three seasons, Baylor, Wake, Texas, and LSU.

Rice has some tradition going back to the Southwest Conference while Georgia State has no tradition whatsoever

There is a BIG difference between Rice and a school like Ga State.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
On a lighter note, the game in Tuscaloosa will be one of the first games I will take my nephew to. He was born this past September and I figure that a season opening game will be a great birthday present to him.

Next level GT fan thinking. Support your school, go to a great football game environment, and indoctrinate blood into the GT family.

Bravo.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
Uh, guys, Georgia State went to a bowl this year. Guess who didn't?

Given that their program is a success (3 bowls in the last 5 years), I would think most of us here would be wondering how successful we can be against them, not why we would play them at all.

As to playing Bama, I think Forensic is right; we'll never play those games. Either a) we'll get a lot better and Bama will beg off or b) we won't improve much and Bama will find someone else to "keep up our SoS". I don't think anyone over there wants to renew this rivalry. much as we would like to. And, overall, I'm glad of that. I don't want another really successful football program putting up yet another barrier to winning.
GT will probably add a team like Kennesaw State,Troy State,East Tennessee State,Chattanooga,Samford or Jacksonville State to take Alabama's place

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
It can sometimes be hard to find a major opponent when a big name team pulls out of a game............................................just sayin';)
Well, yes. But there would probably still be G5 opponents available, even if the games get cancelled within 3 years of their scheduled dates. There’s in big drop off in playing an FCS team and a G5 team.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer

Again, some people don't get it.

Do you think lsu would schedule an away game at Southern University?

Hell, i don't think they will even do that at Tulane's stadium.

LibertyTurns

Banned
We'll never play the Alabama games. They'll come up with a reason to back out. If we do play, it'll be one of the MBS games. As for home/home with Georgia State, we don't have to pay them to come play us, and we don't have to travel to play them. It fills a need in our schedule and doesn't cost us any money. That's an easy one to me.
If we’re any good, they’ll back out and find another P5 to beat. It’s the Bammer way.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
I really don't understand the problem. Our OOC schedule is typically
UGA
G5/P5
G5
FCS

In 2024: atUGA, ND, GSU, FCS
In 2026: atUGA, Colorado, atGSU, FCS

If you don't schedule GSU... you're just replacing it with another G5 team. Seems playing that away game in Atlanta is better than traveling to any other G5.

If you're worried about losing to GSU, then we have much bigger problems... as others have said.