Future Opponents: Bama and Ga State

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
And why are we worrying about losing to ga state? Never makes any sense to me. Do we worry year in and year out about losing ALL our games? No. It's just pathetic to go into a game worrying about losing. That, ladies and gentlemen, is called a losers mentality. There is alot of it floating around here.

We FANatics should go into each game, regardless or who or where it is played, with the mindset that we will win. Seemed to work well for Bowden, Schnellenberger and others. I'm not comparing Collins to those guys in all aspects, but the one thing that is the same is the "show no fear" mentality.

legalbuzz

Georgia Tech Fan
And why are we worrying about losing to ga state? Never makes any sense to me. Do we worry year in and year out about losing ALL our games? No. It's just pathetic to go into a game worrying about losing. That, ladies and gentlemen, is called a losers mentality. There is alot of it floating around here.

We FANatics should go into each game, regardless or who or where it is played, with the mindset that we will win. Seemed to work well for Bowden, Schnellenberger and others. I'm not comparing Collins to those guys in all aspects, but the one thing that is the same is the "show no fear" mentality.

I'm not worried about losing to them. Why legitimize them at all?

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
How are we claiming to be Atlanta’s team if we play Georgia State and essentially put them on our level? They’re already marketing it as midtown vs downtown. This could blow up in GTs face

So you believe we will lose? WTF. We are going to pound them and let the world know Georgia F...ing Tech is not only ATL's team, but Georgia's team.

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
This. I'll be a whole lot less excited if this turns into a neutral site at MBS and then we still have to go to Tuscaloosa.

Playing at GSU? Bush league. Why? Charity? Dumb.
I agree with this. Why help Ga. State build their program with our fans. Their football stadium is the bastard child of a baseball stadium and holds 24,000 for football. Why didn't we do home and home with Georgia Southern? There it is, I've made up my mind, Todd Stansbury is a goober.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Why are you guys so worried about playing GSU “on the road”? Not only does Tech save money by not having to pay some out of state school to come play, it also generates a little bit of excitement for a G5 game that would normally be chalked up as an auto-win. If Tech is legitimately worried about losing to GSU in 5 years, there will be way more important things to worry about. I’m glad Tech isn’t giving them a 2 for 1. There’s no need to play a OOC game against a set G5 team for 3 years. I also don’t mind the “road” game because The Ted still has a pretty large capacity and it gives Tech fans an opportunity to “take over” another team’s stadium for the first time in who knows how long. If Tech is going to play a G5 team every year, I’d rather it be State or Southern than Arkansas State or South Alabama.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
I agree. Scheduling a home and away with Ga. State is a fireable offense.
I kind of agree, but it appears that UNC and Vandy have also scheduled home and homes against them. Not quite sure how they are getting power 5 opponents to do this.