Future Opponents: Bama and Ga State

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer
Losing or winning this game is not my focus. I expect us to win every game so whatever.

Some of you totally don't get it.

You reference bama playing at duke, but do you think bama would schedule an away game with uab? Why won't Clemson schedule an away game at Furman?

What if, to get tickets to the GT game, gsu requires you to buy season tickets? Anyone think TStan has thought about that?

Was anyone here in attendance at the last game Whack Hyder ever coached for GT? I was and it was the most embarrassing GT event i ever attended.

Anyone ever wonder why Bobby Cremins stopped playing gsu? It wasn't because he didn't beat them.

For us younger fans, can you please elaborate?

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
For us younger fans, can you please elaborate?

Do you think bama would ever schedule an AWAY game at uab? LSU @ Southern U? FSU @ aFm? Clemson @ Furman?

They wouldn’t. No self respecting P5 would schedule an AWAY game vs a G5 in, basically, their own city. Why? Because it is stupid. And to a great degree, GT is run by stupid people in many areas. We claim academic superiority but are often not smart enough to get out of the rain when we don’t want to get wet.

I assume you know who Whach Hyder was? His last game as H.C. at GT was played AT gsu in a little dink of a gym on Decatur street (I believe). GT lost. I was there. Most embarrassing moment in GT sports I have personally witnessed. Surpassed, in embarrassment terms, the crowd of 17 k at the navy game under curry. Even surpassed the 2 abortions curry put up vs Furman.

Coach Bobby Cremins played gsu a few times during his first few years here. All at GT. He saw that there was nothing to help our program grow from this. He started scheduling tougher OOC teams in addition to the then tough ACC schedule. He saw what Bobby Bowden had done at fsu to build a program as regards scheduling.

NONE of the winning programs worried about the stupid cost of ONE AWAY GAME at a tough opponents place as a reason to schedule in such a stupid manner.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Do you think bama would ever schedule an AWAY game at uab? LSU @ Southern U? FSU @ aFm? Clemson @ Furman?

They wouldn’t. No self respecting P5 would schedule an AWAY game vs a G5 in, basically, their own city. Why? Because it is stupid. And to a great degree, GT is run by stupid people in many areas. We claim academic superiority but are often not smart enough to get out of the rain when we don’t want to get wet.

I assume you know who Whach Hyder was? His last game as H.C. at GT was played AT gsu in a little dink of a gym on Decatur street (I believe). GT lost. I was there. Most embarrassing moment in GT sports I have personally witnessed. Surpassed, in embarrassment terms, the crowd of 17 k at the navy game under curry. Even surpassed the 2 abortions curry put up vs Furman.

Coach Bobby Cremins played gsu a few times during his first few years here. All at GT. He saw that there was nothing to help our program grow from this. He started scheduling tougher OOC teams in addition to the then tough ACC schedule. He saw what Bobby Bowden had done at fsu to build a program as regards scheduling.

NONE of the winning programs worried about the stupid cost of ONE AWAY GAME at a tough opponents place as a reason to schedule in such a stupid manner.

As for the toughness of the schedule, Tech already has Notre Dame for 2024 and Colorado for 2026. With perennial opponents Ugag and Clemson, the schedule is plenty tough enough. Seems most are for playing either 4 OOC cupcakes or 4 factories - nothing in between. The GTAA screws up a lot of stuff, but I think they've got the future schedules just about right.

Since we're talking about an intrastate game, maybe it's appropriate to recall the Georgia State Motto - "Wisdom, Justice, Moderation".

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
As for the toughness of the schedule, Tech already has Notre Dame for 2024 and Colorado for 2026. With perennial opponents Ugag and Clemson, the schedule is plenty tough enough. Seems most are for playing either 4 OOC cupcakes or 4 factories - nothing in between. The GTAA screws up a lot of stuff, but I think they've got the future schedules just about right.

Since we're talking about an intrastate game, maybe it's appropriate to recall the Georgia State Motto - "Wisdom, Justice, Moderation".
How do you open up a can of whoop-*** in moderation? Go Jackets!!

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
How do you open up a can of whoop-*** in moderation? Go Jackets!!

I hope we open up a can of whoopass on our entire schedule, but we don't have to be ridiculous about it.
What do you want? Let's see, we already have Notre Dame and Georgia OOC in 2024 and Clemson in-conference every year, how about adding Ohio State and LSU?
I mean, there's tough scheduling and then there's preposterous.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
I hope we open up a can of whoopass on our entire schedule, but we don't have to be ridiculous about it.
What do you want? Let's see, we already have Notre Dame and Georgia OOC in 2024 and Clemson in-conference every year, how about adding Ohio State and LSU?
I mean, there's tough scheduling and then there's preposterous.
My attempt at levity. I posted this yesterday. I'm pretty you & I are in total agreement.

I really don't understand the problem. Our OOC schedule is typically
UGA
G5/P5
G5
FCS

In 2024: atUGA, ND, GSU, FCS
In 2026: atUGA, Colorado, atGSU, FCS

If you don't schedule GSU... you're just replacing it with another G5 team. Seems playing that away game in Atlanta is better than traveling to any other G5.

If you're worried about losing to GSU, then we have much bigger problems... as others have said.