FSU

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Yeah it’s no guarantee but 6-2 has often been good enough. With unbalanced schedules it’s harder now, but there are also no divisions so that helps.

But that would require them to fight from behind with no guarantees.
Last year it was 8-0 vs 7-1. 6-2 might get it this year, but it would very likely depend on tie-breakers which nobody can really control. It will take a miracle at this point for them to be in Charlotte.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I’m just shaking my head over what has happened to Seminole nation. Any of you who snoop on their fan sites, I would love to hear what level of agony they are in. It was the worst of the worst when we had CGC but the saving grace for us was no one had illusions that we would have a winning record, let alone win a national championship. What a fall from Mount Olympus for this program.

57jacket

Helluva Engineer
Ha Ha. I love it. I never thought Norvell was a very good coach. The last 2 years he had a terrific QB, Travis, who won a lot of games for them. He has great recruiting classes, tons of NIL, and he picks a QB who is terrible. LOL. His coordinators musy be awful. I also think the team lacks toughness, which comes from the top.

cpf2001

Helluva Engineer
Those well-short-of-the-line-of-gain throws in the second half on third down say a lot about what coaching DJU has been getting and the general level of want on FSU.

Haynes King would’ve tried on those plays. We’ve seen him throw ints there, but he wouldn’t have just taken the L.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Ha Ha. I love it. I never thought Norvell was a very good coach. The last 2 years he had a terrific QB, Travis, who won a lot of games for them. He has great recruiting classes, tons of NIL, and he picks a QB who is terrible. LOL
His team just averaged 1.3 yards per carry rushing the ball. The defense can't stop anyone. DJU isn't playing well but this team has much bigger problems than him.

tomknight

Ramblin' Wreck
well, he came out this week and said they didn't play their best game, they're better than that, etc, etc, saying the loss was more about them than us.

after tonight, he might've been correct. they are a mess

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
In the 90s Arizona was #2 or#3 and lost their first three games I think
I was wrong. Arizona started the year as #3 in 1999. They lost the first game to #4 Penn State. They won games 2&3. Lost Game 4. Then melted down at the end of the year and lost 4 of the last 5. I remembered that they melted down and thought it was at the beginning of the year, but it wasn't.

yoshiki2

Jolly Good Fellow
Ugh... wanted F$U to win out rest of the season.
This game is done. It'd be interesting to find a study what getting snubbed like what happened to them last year does to a team (or could be non-sports for that matter). It's easy to say "just come back stronger and prove them wrong!" but in reality, looks like the team's spirit's broken.
Jordan Travis was the glue of the team, he was a leader. They need another great QB who can put the team on his shoulders.