FSU

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
We have 4 separate threads now that are mostly dedicated to how much we hate FSU. I understand the hate but they are living rent free in yalls heads at this point.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
I think every team in the ACC, maybe in America has a bitter taste in their mouth about FSU. Even the ones hoping they’d make the playoffs last year. Except maybe Clemson.
F$U got jobbed by the CFP. Then they embarrassed the conference by walking out on their bowl game last year. Then they embarrassed the conference suing to leave. Then they are embarrassing the conference by pooping the bed this year. Maybe it’s all their plan. Maybe they’ve just totally screwed their program.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
FWIW, Norvell is 3-9 at FSU without Travis at QB.
Norvell should get some credit for his success. When Travis started out in 2020, he was an awful passer. They pretty much had to run him all the time to get anything going. He eventually lost his job to Purdy and only got it back because Purdy got injured. His improvement in the seasons following that was pretty remarkable.

Spalding Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I can’t think of a program that has had more brand damage done to them than FSU has had this past month. Recruits are decomitting from them, and I expect more if their performance does not improve drastically. I don’t think portal players are gonna come next season after what’s transpired this season and FSU is going to be headed down for the next few years ultimately needing to restart with a new head coach.

slugboy

Staff member
I don’t know that Norvell is a bad coach, but he screwed up this year’s team.

The first game with them hid a few places where we needed to improve, and made us lean on the run too much. It might have even made us overconfident. It certainly made our fanbase overconfident.

FSU needs to buckle down and stabilize their team. They’re paying a lot of guys who aren’t producing—and those guys either need to make a difference or sit.

This is a problem for FSU:
NIL deals must be independent and not tied to enrollment, performance, or team membership
The money has been spent, and it’s been wasted. They can’t un-waste their NIL money