FSU

57jacket

Helluva Engineer
“NIL deals must be independent and not tied to enrollment, performance, or team membership”

I believe that as much as I believe players were never compensated pre-NIL.
One of the problems with NIL is motivation. To get NIL, the player must perform at a high level. Once he transfers, he can relax unless he intends to go to NFL. Even then is he really team oriented and strive to win with maximum effort?

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
Saw something recently that Kiffin would take the FL job in a minute if offered. If I were FL I would go after him. As was said we're going to pay CBK I feel sure and if the administration continues their commitment to GTFB then I'm guessing he stays and somehow we end up in the BIG. CBK loves GT but he's not dumb and the money wins out hands down over the love. We all need to be grateful to the administration, supporters that are backing our climb out of the hole we've been digging for ourselves for years now IMO. This did not just start 5 or 6 years ago.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Saw something recently that Kiffin would take the FL job in a minute if offered. If I were FL I would go after him. As was said we're going to pay CBK I feel sure and if the administration continues their commitment to GTFB then I'm guessing he stays and somehow we end up in the BIG. CBK loves GT but he's not dumb and the money wins out hands down over the love. We all need to be grateful to the administration, supporters that are backing our climb out of the hole we've been digging for ourselves for years now IMO. This did not just start 5 or 6 years ago
Since Bama didn’t go after Kiffin, we’ll see if UF will. Just protect our players from poaching.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I really do not think Kiffen would go..
He has a pretty good gig at Miss
Without knowing a lot about it I would think Miss would be less pressure and an easier gig for several reasons. I would think Florida would be higher risk / higher reward. I don’t see Miss winning a national championship but Florida could with the right coach. Getting past the lynch mob is the first hurdle though.

Spalding Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I don’t know that Norvell is a bad coach, but he screwed up this year’s team.

The first game with them hid a few places where we needed to improve, and made us lean on the run too much. It might have even made us overconfident. It certainly made our fanbase overconfident.

FSU needs to buckle down and stabilize their team. They’re paying a lot of guys who aren’t producing—and those guys either need to make a difference or sit.

This is a problem for FSU:

The money has been spent, and it’s been wasted. They can’t un-waste their NIL money
To add to this yes, I think we have overestimated our run game. I think we are good, but not great. Plus Key loves to run the ball. On the other hand I am concerned with our pass blocking, someone posted where we have allowed 0 sacks, but I attribute that more to King as he’s been pressured a good bit but his legs and knowing when to throw away have kept that number low. Also we kept hearing about our DEs being great in practice, but nonexistant in games as shown by our low sack/ pressures. I hope I am wrong and we improve cause we have so many pass weapons and I’d love to see them get more run. As much as I love Haynes running the ball he hasn’t been the same the past two weeks. Hope he too has just been a bit fatigued and he gets his legs back under him.

Spalding Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Without knowing a lot about it I would think Miss would be less pressure and an easier gig for several reasons. I would think Florida would be higher risk / higher reward. I don’t see Miss winning a national championship but Florida could with the right coach. Getting past the lynch mob is the first hurdle though.
Agreed, in fact I think Kiffin has a great situation on his hands. Ole Miss has went all in on winning it all this year and I think they have a good chance, but if they don’t they will be losing alot of good players. If Florida came calling, would be a great time as any to jump ship. Also yeah Florida is a high risk as they ran off Urban and Mullins. They kind of deserve what they got.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Saw something recently that Kiffin would take the FL job in a minute if offered. If I were FL I would go after him. As was said we're going to pay CBK I feel sure and if the administration continues their commitment to GTFB then I'm guessing he stays and somehow we end up in the BIG. CBK loves GT but he's not dumb and the money wins out hands down over the love. We all need to be grateful to the administration, supporters that are backing our climb out of the hole we've been digging for ourselves for years now IMO. This did not just start 5 or 6 years ago.
Kiffin was pretty much offered the job at Auburn and turned it down. His daughter goes to school at Ole Miss and he expressed a strong interest in staying because of it. He's a god in Oxford as Ole Miss has not been relevant for decades. He won't have that in Gainesville. (Alabama expressed no interest in pursuing him and Kiffin has said that is really the only job he wants at this point.)

I really don't know if Tech goes to the B1G or not. I don't think it would be a good move for a variety of reasons. The ACC, as long as it remains viable, is probably the best fit for GT at this point.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
Agreed, in fact I think Kiffin has a great situation on his hands. Ole Miss has went all in on winning it all this year and I think they have a good chance, but if they don’t they will be losing alot of good players. If Florida came calling, would be a great time as any to jump ship. Also yeah Florida is a high risk as they ran off Urban and Mullins. They kind of deserve what they got.
Florida didn't run off Urban, he had health issues and left.

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
I think I'm pretty close to betting real money this won't happen.

It's not about whether he's forgotten how to coach. I just think there's an overwhelming wave of negativity going on there.

If they turn it around, I'd say it'll be more like an 7-5 year at best. I think that'd be great but fsu fans would be pissed.
KG your prediction has proven prescient (so far at least, while my prediction looks ****ier each week). Not really fair though because you have a crystal ball and I don't. Your ability to predict the future is well-documented!

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
KG your prediction has proven prescient (so far at least, while my prediction looks ****ier each week). Not really fair though because you have a crystal ball and I don't. Your ability to predict the future is well-documented!

.... #Still100%

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
"Health Issues" that disappeared when Ohio State called...

And then he had "health" issues again.......

I thought about putting it in quotes too, but regardless he wasn't run off by Florida fans or Ohio State fans. He had gone 13-1 3 of his last 5 seasons at UF, and the other two were 8 and 9 wins each, and at OSU he never lost more than 2 games each season.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
As @CEB has noted, $65M! (Chump change for a school that wants to buy its way out of its current agreement with its current conference)

"Norvell would be paid $65 million not to coach the Seminoles or 85% of his base salary and supplemental pay for the remainder of the contract, which expires on Dec. 31, 2031."