FSU

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Corey has been a pleasant surprise so far.
JO, just wow.

Love the passing and the assists as players slash to the basket.

So nice to see GT basketball playing so much better than they have over the last decade... Give or take a few games. (Yes, I know that the season still has a ways to go...)

Techster

Helluva Engineer
We all saw that one coming, right? :whistle:

What. a. performance!!! That was really fun to watch them move the ball and play chess against FSU. No offense to our guys, but FSU is superior in talent, and we just walked all over them. You watch how UVA played us, and how FSU played us and it shows the difference between a talented team and a well coached team. UVA had all the answers against our movement off the ball and cuts. FSU let slip behind them and get out into space for easy baskets. Credit to our guys knowing how to take advantage of it.

Shout out to Gueye! Solid minutes for him spelling Lammers. That's something to build off of. Sure he doesn't bring much offense, but his activity and presence was much needed to give a worn out Lammers some time on the bench.

JMoore needs to be more disciplined and take care of the ball. Very sloppy with the ball, cheap turnovers, and too many easy fouls. Can't have that on most nights. Luckily, the rest of the team was on fire.

Heath with his usual understated game. No points tonight, but 6 dimes and only 1 TO. Solid night for him.

Lammers and Okogie with their usual team carrying performances. No need to say anything about them and hasn't already been said.

Is it me, or is Q starting to find his stroke? Man, Ben earned the "Most improved" label, but Q is having a much improved season as well. Very good night for him.

MJ Walker...you saw your future tonight, and McCamish is ready for you to call it home.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
I watched the second half. It's the most impressive half of basketball I've seen from GT in years. Could it be ten years? And I hear the first half may have been better.
First half was better, you really need to see it.

No lead changes and no ties number 6 ranked team vs. an unranked team . . . and the unranked team won.

tbglover

Ramblin' Wreck
This is a testament to not only an excellent hire but to also the time consuming hiring of the staff. They have come together to do some magnificent things that none of us could have predicted would happen this soon.
The Thriller Dome is going to be the Thriller Dome again very soon. And by that I don't not only mean exciting and successful basketball but all of that in front of packed houses.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
This is a testament to not only an excellent hire but to also the time consuming hiring of the staff. They have come together to do some magnificent things that none of us could have predicted would happen this soon.
The Thriller Dome is going to be the Thriller Dome again very soon. And by that I don't not only mean exciting and successful basketball but all of that in front of packed houses.
Good point on the care taken with the staff. If CJP had gone by this board the staff would have been slap dashed together so that they could get to recruiting faster and would have been heavy on the local AAU flavor.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I watched the second half. It's the most impressive half of basketball I've seen from GT in years. Could it be ten years? And I hear the first half may have been better.

To bad you missed the first half...probably best half of basketball by a GT squad in the last 6-7 years.

Okogie for ACC Freshman of the year. We finish at .500 in conference (or better), we could be dancing.

**** the NIT

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Second year in a row we beat FSU to get our 4th ACC win.

Feels better for it to be in game 8 than game 13 though.

Man what a surprisingly exciting year this is.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
To bad you missed the first half...probably best half of basketball by a GT squad in the last 6-7 years.

Okogie for ACC Freshman of the year. We finish at .500 in conference (or better), we could be dancing.

**** the NIT

Man, hope that VT game doesn't come back to haunt us. could be sitting at 5-3 right now in conference. Gotta capitalize on all the chances we get, and unfortunately we let that one slip away.

Hopefully we can get another this weekend against a ranked Notre Dame.

jbix80

Ramblin' Wreck
We all saw that one coming, right? :whistle:

What. a. performance!!! That was really fun to watch them move the ball and play chess against FSU. No offense to our guys, but FSU is superior in talent, and we just walked all over them. You watch how UVA played us, and how FSU played us and it shows the difference between a talented team and a well coached team. UVA had all the answers against our movement off the ball and cuts. FSU let slip behind them and get out into space for easy baskets. Credit to our guys knowing how to take advantage of it.

Shout out to Gueye! Solid minutes for him spelling Lammers. That's something to build off of. Sure he doesn't bring much offense, but his activity and presence was much needed to give a worn out Lammers some time on the bench.

JMoore needs to be more disciplined and take care of the ball. Very sloppy with the ball, cheap turnovers, and too many easy fouls. Can't have that on most nights. Luckily, the rest of the team was on fire.

Heath with his usual understated game. No points tonight, but 6 dimes and only 1 TO. Solid night for him.

Lammers and Okogie with their usual team carrying performances. No need to say anything about them and hasn't already been said.

Is it me, or is Q starting to find his stroke? Man, Ben earned the "Most improved" label, but Q is having a much improved season as well. Very good night for him.

MJ Walker...you saw your future tonight, and McCamish is ready for you to call it home.
I agree. Q has been very good recently. That has been huge.