FSU game thread

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I have been listening to most of Coach Norvell's post practice interviews during camp including his most recent interview on Wednesday. I really respect and like Coach Norvell. However, his voice and body chemistry doesn't match with someone who is coaching the tenth ranked team in the country. So I went back and listened to a post practice interview on August 31, 2023 as FSU was preparing for their showdown opener with LSU. During last year's interview, Coach Norvell was extremely critical of the play of his WR room( which ultimately produced 3 NFL players including the TE). However, his demeanor was of a coach who was quietly confident. In contrast, this summer his post practice press conferences reveal a coach that is deeply worried about many aspects of his team (particularly on offense). Coach Norvell seems hopeful, but if you watch and listen to him there is no question they are still searching for consistency on offense. He hasn't called their offense a work in progress, but their media members have called it that as late as last week. He knows he has his hands full, and the more objective members of their media also know it. The trouble is most of the Seminole Nation and the national media is expecting a near repeat of 2023. The bad news for Seminole fans is coming soon in Dublin, Ireland courtesy of Brent Key's Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets.
If I was depending upon the "U" to be my quarterback I would be concerned as well. On the other hand, it is hard to imagine any self respecting offense not having some confidence in being able to move the ball and score on Tech's defense. Maybe Tech's defense will be better this year but I kind of doubt it. That said, "past performance is no guarantee of future results."

57jacket

Helluva Engineer
I really love King and his run/pass ability. However he MUST cut down on the interceptions if we hope to go bowling again with this tough schedule. He seldom, if ever, just throws the ball away when the recievers are covered.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
I really love King and his run/pass ability. However he MUST cut down on the interceptions if we hope to go bowling again with this tough schedule. He seldom, if ever, just throws the ball away when the recievers are covered.
I think he will. It appeared to me that those mounted up in him when the O floundered and he put too much in his shoulders to make something happen. I can’t blame him - he’s the QB - but he cannot do it by himself. So… I just hope we’ve solved what caused those lapses on O to occur. I think (hope), between an expanded playbook this season and higher level execution, that we can avoid much of that and HK’s INTs will drop.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I think he will. It appeared to me that those mounted up in him when the O floundered and he put too much in his shoulders to make something happen. I can’t blame him - he’s the QB - but he cannot do it by himself. So… I just hope we’ve solved what caused those lapses on O to occur. I think (hope), between an expanded playbook this season and higher level execution, that we can avoid much of that and HK’s INTs will drop.
Last Year is not all on King
FSU verses Gt
GT PASS CATCHERS

Kings's wide receivers and TE who graduated have great jobs thanks to gt degree.

FSU PASS CATCHERS?
Their WR /TE drafted near top and 1 wr at 180.
Where they drafted because the qb was good or
were because THEY DRAFTED BECAUSE THEY GOT OPEN ON PASS ROUTES The low recruited freshman was the best we had. The wr who was not good enough was our best rb.

Note over 40 % of ints were in 2 games ( clemson,?)

King has been team leader and said he needs to get better . I think that we have WR and Qb that are going to be on same page.

So maybe we get a Singleton looking like he could be drafted. If not he will portal to a pass first team

But everyone will be watching King to cut down on his runs and to lay a hit on him. Our RB room lust make them pay.

Bottom line
In Faulkner We Trust.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Last Year is not all on King
FSU verses Gt
GT PASS CATCHERS

Kings's wide receivers and TE who graduated have great jobs thanks to gt degree.

FSU PASS CATCHERS?
Their WR /TE drafted near top and 1 wr at 180.
Where they drafted because the qb was good or
were because THEY DRAFTED BECAUSE THEY GOT OPEN ON PASS ROUTES The low recruited freshman was the best we had. The wr who was not good enough was our best rb.

Note over 40 % of ints were in 2 games ( clemson,?)

King has been team leader and said he needs to get better . I think that we have WR and Qb that are going to be on same page.

So maybe we get a Singleton looking like he could be drafted. If not he will portal to a pass first team

But everyone will be watching King to cut down on his runs and to lay a hit on him. Our RB room lust make them pay.

Bottom line
In Faulkner We Trust.
Got any idea when the depth chart comes out?

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
So anyways about that football game next weekend....

This time next weekend, we will be knee deep in a football game, boys! My general impression about FSU fans' feeling about this game is they expect us to be handled fairly easily. They seem across the board to be pretty ignorant and pompous. Every podcast video I've seen is basically just FSU talking heads not concerned with us. Theyre expecting DJU to just come in and plug n play. A Jordan Travis style offense again.

That ain't happening. They're gonna get punched in the mouth and I am beyond ready at this point.

NEXT WEEK!

GO JACKETS & THWg

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
So anyways about that football game next weekend....

This time next weekend, we will be knee deep in a football game, boys! My general impression about FSU fans' feeling about this game is they expect us to be handled fairly easily. They seem across the board to be pretty ignorant and pompous. Every podcast video I've seen is basically just FSU talking heads not concerned with us. Theyre expecting DJU to just come in and plug n play. A Jordan Travis style offense again.

That ain't happening. They're gonna get punched in the mouth and I am beyond ready at this point.

NEXT WEEK!

GO JACKETS & THWg
Out of curiosity, I checked one of FSU’s free boards covering upcoming opponent analysis here: Opponent: GT
Pretty solid, balanced, and insightful analysis from a rival site.
Many of their fan's comments to that analysis respected us as a tough out, with most still expecting to win. However, I would imagine the majority of their fans still assume a beatdown like they gave us two years ago. Recency bias and all that. I doubt many of their fans watched any of our games last year.

I do agree we are going to punch them in the mouth. Not sure if we win - FSU still has good athletes and coaching - but we're going to give them a game.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Our Qb coach was the Qb on FSU team that was ranked #1 the whole year and went undefeated. Wienke helped convince Warrick Dunn to come back instead of going pro.

They beat #10 Gt 41-35 with Warrick scoring on a trick play where he switched to Qb for a qb called draw.

LT 1967

Jolly Good Fellow
See Jackson Caudell's season prediction for GT. He has GT finishing at 7-5 for the season including an up-set over the Seminoles. I think this is a pretty realistic projection considering the SOS.
Jackson has a short analysis of each game.

If Jackson's win forecast is accurate, I could see an 8th win at VT. Like others, I am not sold on them being that much better than last year. If VT had Clemson, UGA, and Mississippi on their schedule like GT, they would have likely finished at 3-9 last year. Miami at home might be another chance for an 8th win. I believe GT's staff can out-coach them.

Just some hopeful musings!

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Out of curiosity, I checked one of FSU’s free boards covering upcoming opponent analysis here: Opponent: GT
Pretty solid, balanced, and insightful analysis from a rival site.
Many of their fan's comments to that analysis respected us as a tough out, with most still expecting to win. However, I would imagine the majority of their fans still assume a beatdown like they gave us two years ago. Recency bias and all that. I doubt many of their fans watched any of our games last year.

I do agree we are going to punch them in the mouth. Not sure if we win - FSU still has good athletes and coaching - but we're going to give them a game.
If we can slow/stop their run game and put the game on DJU’s arm then I love our chances. I feel like Faulkner will find a weakness to exploit in their run defense and get something going on offense.

Fatmike91

Helluva Engineer
See Jackson Caudell's season prediction for GT. He has GT finishing at 7-5 for the season including an up-set over the Seminoles. I think this is a pretty realistic projection considering the SOS.
Jackson has a short analysis of each game.

If Jackson's win forecast is accurate, I could see an 8th win at VT. Like others, I am not sold on them being that much better than last year. If VT had Clemson, UGA, and Mississippi on their schedule like GT, they would have likely finished at 3-9 last year. Miami at home might be another chance for an 8th win. I believe GT's staff can out-coach them.

Just some hopeful musings!

I believe we will go 6-1 to open the season. I don't necessarily agree with the author on which game we lose though.

For the back-half of the season, I like the the spacing and timing of the games. I don't think we go 1-4 to end the season...

/

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
If we can slow/stop their run game and put the game on DJU’s arm then I love our chances. I feel like Faulkner will find a weakness to exploit in their run defense and get something going on offense.
UGAg had a better D than F$U last year and we moved the ball pretty well on them - 363 total yards with 205 rushing yards. We should do OK next Saturday.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Ten seniors start on offense.

Attachments

• 20240818_123307.png
    20240818_123307.png
    250.7 KB · Views: 171