FSU game thread

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Geesh. Their OL is massive and into their 2 deep. Could give us some problems. Hopefully our DL is deeper than it has been.
Darius Washington was a 4* (honorable mention All-American; first-team All-ACC)
Richie Leonard IV 3* (started at Florida in 2023)
Maurice Smith 3* (Started all 12 games he played; honorable mention All-ACC; All-ACC Academic Team)
Keiondre Jones 4* (transferred from Auburn in 2022; started once in 2023 at FSU)
Jeremiah Byers 2* (4* as a transfer from UTEP in 2022; started every game in 2023 at FSU)

All five are seniors. Our D will have their hands full.

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck
Just looking quickly at their OL it appears to be bigger than a lot of pro teams. Maybe they are slow 😀

Gulp.
Big Lineman tends to help pass protection more vs. running the ball. We have made a lot of QBs look great based on very limited pass rush. That would be my biggest concern since our defense was truly poor last year. But transfers plus a new Defensive coaching staff will hopefully improve our defense.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
Out of curiosity, I checked one of FSU’s free boards covering upcoming opponent analysis here: Opponent: GT
Pretty solid, balanced, and insightful analysis from a rival site.
Many of their fan's comments to that analysis respected us as a tough out, with most still expecting to win. However, I would imagine the majority of their fans still assume a beatdown like they gave us two years ago. Recency bias and all that. I doubt many of their fans watched any of our games last year.

I do agree we are going to punch them in the mouth. Not sure if we win - FSU still has good athletes and coaching - but we're going to give them a game.
wow, that's the best review of an opponent I've seen in a long time.The guy knows his stuff. Gave everything about Tech but Key's wife's name.

RhoChi

Ramblin' Wreck
I haven't spent the time to go through this entire thread so forgive me if I'm rehashing a point. But IMO, with our schedule this season. I think we are more likely to go 11-1/12-0 or 3-9 than 7-5/6-6. We're either gonna be the team that can beat the FSU's and Miamis and UGA's or we're going to be the up-and-coming team who barely loses the close games in the 4th due to depth and experience issues. We're on the come-up. I'm just not sure which side of that coin we will land on yet. The FSU game will predict the season in my mind.

mtodd30

Ramblin' Wreck
I haven't spent the time to go through this entire thread so forgive me if I'm rehashing a point. But IMO, with our schedule this season. I think we are more likely to go 11-1/12-0 or 3-9 than 7-5/6-6. We're either gonna be the team that can beat the FSU's and Miamis and UGA's or we're going to be the up-and-coming team who barely loses the close games in the 4th due to depth and experience issues. We're on the come-up. I'm just not sure which side of that coin we will land on yet. The FSU game will predict the season in my mind.
As much as I’d like to believe that, it’s still college football. Crazy things can happen. I guarantee we will loose one we’re supposed to win, and win one we’re supposed to loose.

I just hope we don’t have an embarrassment like last year. We need to put on a good showing in every game to keep this recruiting class

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I think we will win five or six due to a porous defense and a really challenging schedule...again.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
Reading som FSU stuff, they do seem to have real concerns about DJ U and the WR group. So I love hearing that.
Head out Tomorrow night for Dublin. Cant wait!! Eager to see the fan % split once we get there

They’re starting a guy who as a junior last year played in 10 games for Bama and finished with 13 catches for 162 yards.

They could come out and light us up with their OL creating all kinds of time and finish with 300+ through the air. They could look incompetent with wrong routes, drops, inability to separate and finish with <100 through the air.

Neither would surprise me and both are real possibilities IMHO.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Got any idea when the depth chart comes out?
I saw the FSU chart.
Norvel gave a nice press conference. Of course, it had coach speak, but good info on preceived strengths and comments on gt rebuild.

Have you seen our depth chart yet?

I really worry that FSU defense is reloading with athletes. Their staff built an excellent defense before so they could be really good again. They will likely play very aggressive like Clemson successfully did ( pin ears back, bull rush stunts, and chase the qb) against us last year. How often will FSU get a bull rush up the middle to make King throws ball away? Will he get conservative and not make plays? Last year he/wr had 25% of thier int in the clemson game 1 of 13 games - clemson.

King/wr and ol have chance to show that last years goof up has been fixed and its GT that is greatly improved.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I saw the FSU chart.
Norvel gave a nice press conference. Of course, it had coach speak, but good info on preceived strengths and comments on gt rebuild.

Have you seen our depth chart yet?

I really worry that FSU defense is reloading with athletes. Their staff built an excellent defense before so they could be really good again. They will likely play very aggressive like Clemson successfully did ( pin ears back, bull rush stunts, and chase the qb) against us last year. How often will FSU get a bull rush up the middle to make King throws ball away? Will he get conservative and not make plays? Last year he/wr had 25% of thier int in the clemson game 1 of 13 games - clemson.

King/wr and ol have chance to show that last years goof up has been fixed and its GT that is greatly improved.
I'm going to need more beer