FSU game thread

ramblineck

Jolly Good Fellow
I saw the FSU chart.
Norvel gave a nice press conference. Of course, it had coach speak, but good info on preceived strengths and comments on gt rebuild.

Have you seen our depth chart yet?

I really worry that FSU defense is reloading with athletes. Their staff built an excellent defense before so they could be really good again. They will likely play very aggressive like Clemson successfully did ( pin ears back, bull rush stunts, and chase the qb) against us last year. How often will FSU get a bull rush up the middle to make King throws ball away? Will he get conservative and not make plays? Last year he/wr had 25% of thier int in the clemson game 1 of 13 games - clemson.

King/wr and ol have chance to show that last years goof up has been fixed and its GT that is greatly improved.
This is my exact worry as well. I will say it is quite an impressive Senior laden depth chart with some juniors mixed in there on both sides of the ball. However, I will say that outside of their Oline there seems to be a "gap" in experience when it comes to that number of upper classmen as well as a significant amount of transfers. Given the production they lost from last year, hopefully that makes the tides in our favor for a Week 0 game

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
It's finally game week !!!
and the guys in gold wants their moment in the sun......C'mon Saturday!! We got this....

Excited Espn GIF by American Kennel Club

Last edited:

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
They're big, but our projected OL starters only run about 10# lighter on average, so our DL shouldn't be intimidated. Zeke and Lockett are kinda big dudes too. I'm more concerned about FSU's experienced seniors being good at run blocking.
Do we start Biggers and Locket together or platoon them? Would be size vs size. It also should be a lot cooler in Ireland than Atlanta in August. I have been in Dublin in August once and it was about 80F which was really hot for them. May not need to platoon as much.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
I saw the FSU chart.
Norvel gave a nice press conference. Of course, it had coach speak, but good info on preceived strengths and comments on gt rebuild.

I really worry that FSU defense is reloading with athletes. Their staff built an excellent defense before so they could be really good again. They will likely play very aggressive like Clemson successfully did ( pin ears back, bull rush stunts, and chase the qb) against us last year. How often will FSU get a bull rush up the middle to make King throws ball away? Will he get conservative and not make plays? Last year he/wr had 25% of thier int in the clemson game 1 of 13 games - clemson.

King/wr and ol have chance to show that last years goof up has been fixed and its GT that is greatly improved.

No one FSU brought in were previous all conference or player of the year. Verse and Fiske provided that spark for FSU defense and they were not adequately replaced in the portal

MACHETE

Jolly Good Fellow
I saw the FSU chart.

Man up bro. We'll be fine.

Golden Tornadoes

Ramblin' Wreck
Out of curiosity, I checked one of FSU’s free boards covering upcoming opponent analysis here: Opponent: GT
Pretty solid, balanced, and insightful analysis from a rival site.
Many of their fan's comments to that analysis respected us as a tough out, with most still expecting to win. However, I would imagine the majority of their fans still assume a beatdown like they gave us two years ago. Recency bias and all that. I doubt many of their fans watched any of our games last year.

I do agree we are going to punch them in the mouth. Not sure if we win - FSU still has good athletes and coaching - but we're going to give them a game.
That's a pretty accurate preview IMPO. While my gold-tinted glasses see us winning, the realist in me knows at the very least we will give them a heck of a challenge. In all honesty, it shouldn't (hopefully) take much to go our way to pull out the W.

minorityoption

Georgia Tech Fan
No one FSU brought in were previous all conference or player of the year. Verse and Fiske provided that spark for FSU defense and they were not adequately replaced in the portal
The media at least believes they will be better on defense this year. We shall see beginning this Saturday.

Ramble1885

proud sidewalk fan
That's a pretty accurate preview IMPO. While my gold-tinted glasses see us winning, the realist in me knows at the very least we will give them a heck of a challenge. In all honesty, it shouldn't (hopefully) take much to go our way to pull out the W.
I think we play em close until the 4th. 11 is a good spread, I think we lose 35-24

I HOPE I'm wrong :)

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
You got it backwards.....we play 'em close until the 4th, and then we put the hammer down. Tech 35-24.
Georgia Tech versus Florida State. Seminoles coach Mike Norvell leads a tribe of airborne natives into Ireland to feast on some mean spirited Yellow Jackets. But as any Florida State swamper will tell you, a Seminole can cut to you to ribbons if they have arrows in their quiver. This year though, they rank 85th returning production and the arrowheads are looking dull. The Yellow Jackets have something to prove and a bee sting this early in the season can hurt like hell. Leonard's Loser, in a close one, Florida State.