FSU game thread

CEB

Helluva Engineer
Jackson Caudell's article with Norvell's comments on GT Offense.

This got me…
“Georgia Tech and Florida State kickoff next Saturday at 12:00 p.m. on ESPN”

Not shocking but shocking! It’s already here!? Wow!

AugustaSwarm

Ramblin' Wreck
My predictive algorithm shows a 96.7% probability of victory, based on this data
1723765675938.png

LT 1967

Jolly Good Fellow
Interesting article concerning the firing of Robert Griffin lll due to RG lll's defense of FSU against Paul Finebaum's comments. RG lll's wife is a former FSU track star. Sam Ponder was also fired. Her husband is Christain Palmer a former FSU quarter. The article basically implies that if you defend the complaints of FSU due to the playoff omission, you will be gone at ESPN.

apatriot1776

Jolly Good Fellow
Key has said multiple times this is a business trip not a vacation. These guys are dialed in with only one goal in mind. Win.
Definitely aided by the start time. 7:30AM in 2016 must’ve been brutal to adjust to, you’d have to wake up at like 3AM Atlanta time. So I’m sure they went a couple days earlier. This time around your body can treat it as a “normal” 12PM away game.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
Interesting article concerning the firing of Robert Griffin lll due to RG lll's defense of FSU against Paul Finebaum's comments. RG lll's wife is a former FSU track star. Sam Ponder was also fired. Her husband is Christain Palmer a former FSU quarter. The article basically implies that if you defend the complaints of FSU due to the playoff omission, you will be gone at ESPN.

Wonder if the ACC will adopt a similar policy?

cpf2001

Helluva Engineer

How are these folks doing after writing, for instance,

Turns out, all of that was a charade. None of it mattered. The games are pointless. What happens on the field is less important than what a committee thinks might happen in a future matchup.

It is an absolute slap in the face to every player who has ever put on a helmet, laced up cleats and marched onto the field to battle for a victory, because a bunch of folks in a conference room in Texas decided their sacrifice was not as important as the Las Vegas line on a potential playoff matchup.

It's a joke.

Tech Lawyer

Jolly Good Fellow
I have been listening to most of Coach Norvell's post practice interviews during camp including his most recent interview on Wednesday. I really respect and like Coach Norvell. However, his voice and body chemistry doesn't match with someone who is coaching the tenth ranked team in the country. So I went back and listened to a post practice interview on August 31, 2023 as FSU was preparing for their showdown opener with LSU. During last year's interview, Coach Norvell was extremely critical of the play of his WR room( which ultimately produced 3 NFL players including the TE). However, his demeanor was of a coach who was quietly confident. In contrast, this summer his post practice press conferences reveal a coach that is deeply worried about many aspects of his team (particularly on offense). Coach Norvell seems hopeful, but if you watch and listen to him there is no question they are still searching for consistency on offense. He hasn't called their offense a work in progress, but their media members have called it that as late as last week. He knows he has his hands full, and the more objective members of their media also know it. The trouble is most of the Seminole Nation and the national media is expecting a near repeat of 2023. The bad news for Seminole fans is coming soon in Dublin, Ireland courtesy of Brent Key's Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
I have been listening to most of Coach Norvell's post practice interviews during camp including his most recent interview on Wednesday. I really respect and like Coach Norvell. However, his voice and body chemistry doesn't match with someone who is coaching the tenth ranked team in the country. So I went back and listened to a post practice interview on August 31, 2023 as FSU was preparing for their showdown opener with LSU. During last year's interview, Coach Norvell was extremely critical of the play of his WR room( which ultimately produced 3 NFL players including the TE). However, his demeanor was of a coach who was quietly confident. In contrast, this summer his post practice press conferences reveal a coach that is deeply worried about many aspects of his team (particularly on offense). Coach Norvell seems hopeful, but if you watch and listen to him there is no question they are still searching for consistency on offense. He hasn't called their offense a work in progress, but their media members have called it that as late as last week. He knows he has his hands full, and the more objective members of their media also know it. The trouble is most of the Seminole Nation and the national media is expecting a near repeat of 2023. The bad news for Seminole fans is coming soon in Dublin, Ireland courtesy of Brent Key's Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets.
That whole thing is gold. The ending was gold.

You must be a great lawyer.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Thanks for doing research and turning it into content.