FSU game thread

Tech Lawyer

Jolly Good Fellow
These guys are talking about the 2023 GT team but watching and analyzing the 2022 team in an attempt to predict how our offense will attack FSU. What they are watching is pre-OC Faulkner, pre-H King, pre-J Haynes, and pre-Singleton/Blacburn/Lane in a game led by our 3rd string QB. What a major goofup!
FSU Scouting Masterminds. Nobody associated with FSU media has bothered to look at Tech farther than what's on the surface. Judging by the comments from DT Josh Farmer at ACC media days, the Seminoles don't see Tech as much of a challenge. According to the analysts on Wake Up War Chant - FSU now has their scout team mimicking Haynes King. On the FSU Offense, their OC is suspended for this game - so Coach Norvell's coaching responsibilities will be more stretched than normal. The FSU media is still labeling their offense as a work in progress and that is causing them concern (particularly at WR). It's a perfect scenario for us.

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
FSU Scouting Masterminds. Nobody associated with FSU media has bothered to look at Tech farther than what's on the surface. Judging by the comments from DT Josh Farmer at ACC media days, the Seminoles don't see Tech as much of a challenge. According to the analysts on Wake Up War Chant - FSU now has their scout team mimicking Haynes King. On the FSU Offense, their OC is suspended for this game - so Coach Norvell's coaching responsibilities will be more stretched than normal. The FSU media is still labeling their offense as a work in progress and that is causing them concern (particularly at WR). It's a perfect scenario for us.
I wasn't aware of this, which could be significant. If Buster Faulkner was suspended, I would be concerned. Key and Weinke could probably manage the game ok, but it would be a handicap.

TampaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
I am not sure if the suspended OC will make much difference. He was suspended in January (for 3 games), so FSU has had plenty of time to plan around that issue. I don't know the ruling....does the suspension mean that he cannot have contact with the team in any way shape or form until after the 3rd game? Or is he allowed to be at practices and do things like film review/game planning, etc., but just can't be at a game?

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
45-24 Tech and the scene is set for a record breaking season for our offense
I read somewhere that if Haynes duplicates last year he will be an all time record breaking qb.

Well in 15 ND had a new defense that shut us,down for 3 quarters. Last year Clemson had every body up close with i idea of quiclky getting to king or making him get rid of the ball.

Who will get better faster?
I am betting on Gt.

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
I am not sure if the suspended OC will make much difference. He was suspended in January (for 3 games), so FSU has had plenty of time to plan around that issue. I don't know the ruling....does the suspension mean that he cannot have contact with the team in any way shape or form until after the 3rd game? Or is he allowed to be at practices and do things like film review/game planning, etc., but just can't be at a game?
He's just suspended from their games, so yes they will have a plan to work around that. But that's still a handicap if he was expected to be making the play calls.

This article does a deep dive into the NCAA penalties imposed on FSU. Frankly, I was surprised by their magnitude - they really got hammered for what seemed to me to be a relatively minor infraction.
FSU Penalized by NCAA

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
He's just suspended from their games, so yes they will have a plan to work around that. But that's still a handicap if he was expected to be making the play calls.

This article does a deep dive into the NCAA penalties imposed on FSU. Frankly, I was surprised by their magnitude - they really got hammered for what seemed to me to be a relatively minor infraction.
FSU Penalized by NCAA
I do not think he calls their plays. I believe that's Norvell.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Interesting stats. But they seem counterintuitive. How do you manage to have 3.16 yards/carry after contact but only 3.2 yards/carry average? I realize that sacks lower the yards/carry number, but he only had 10 for the season. Haynes King had 15 sacks, but still managed to net 6.1 yards/carry, roughly twice DJ's. King must be in the 99.9th percentile if those numbers are accurate.
We use King as basically another running back. FSU is not going to use DJU that way. He provides significant value in short yardage and goal line situations. He is a guy that will pound out 3-5 yards when they are needed, not break 30 yards on designed QB runs. Him and Haynes King are very different types of players.