FSU game thread

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Man.....we have a bunch of negative Nellies in this thread. Come on men! Have faith; be positive; don't buy the media narrative; hope abounds....we are gonna win this game!
Just setting the narrative for when we win.

It will not be because FSU isn’t any good, or because they lack talent, it will be because we beat a loaded team and we are THAT GOOD.

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
Just setting the narrative for when we win.

It will not be because FSU isn’t any good, or because they lack talent, it will be because we beat a loaded team and we are THAT GOOD.
That’s not what the pollsters will say. After we handle FSU, they’ll say “We can’t rank Tech. The only game they won was against a team that hasn’t won a game yet this year.”

TampaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
That’s not what the pollsters will say. After we handle FSU, they’ll say “We can’t rank Tech. The only game they won was against a team that hasn’t won a game yet this year.”
Unfortunately, that is all too true. After we win, FSU will drop 4 or 5 places because there is a piece of paper somewhere that says they have 5-star talent across the board and therefore must be in the top 20. GT might climb 5 spots and still be in the 40s because that piece of paper is apparently more important than actual on the field results. Do I sound cynical about pollsters? I hate sounding cynical. Let's win and prove the jerks wrong!

Thwg777

Ramblin' Wreck
The “smart money “ probably noticed that roughly 80% of the posters here who participated in Cuse’s prediction thread have picked Tech to win and are following suit. 😉

I really enjoy studying lines and occasionally making plays when I have an advantage. I liken it to counting cards in Blackjack - the odds are generally in the house’s favor but there are times when you can take advantage and must do so in a big way to make money.

“Sharp” betting people have zero alliances to teams. Most all sharp people I know are on GT. Their reasonings are generally a fade of FSU than impression of us. But the books have backed us as well since they’re willing to lower their lines, knowing they’ll be taking lopsided criminole action, because of respect of the sharps. It won’t stay at at 10 and will likely settle out at 11 due to arbitrage. (Some people that took GT at +13.5 will also back FSU at -10, hoping to hit both).

Nonetheless, nothing is a sure thing. But about 10 Guisnesses in on the night, I’ve hit peak delusion after watching the 2015 game again.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
Only saw one Oregon State game last year, but DJ is still just a decent QB in my mind. If we can slow down their run game, I feel good if we put the game in his hands.
Of course game day wants to talk about all the speed and size they have, but they lost a good bit of talent last year, and we have a good bit returning.
I’m of the mind that later in the year their depth would be a big advantage. But it’s week one, so our front line is healthy and can hang.
If we can get out in front and force them to press, we could really get in their heads