FSU game thread

SimpleGT

Jolly Good Fellow
1 College football fans starved for a game - check
2 First game of the season - check
3 Only game in the time slot - - check
4 Top 10 team playing a conference opponent - check
5 Tight game, good play - check
6 Tech wins!!!! - check- check- check- check- check- check- check- check- check- check- check- check- check- check

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
6 Tech wins!!!! - check- check- check- check- check- check- check- check- check- check- check- check- check- check
YES!

It was the best of all possibilities at one time.

Hopefully the old media that will ask “what’s wrong with FSU,” will be replaced by the new media that says, “Tech is a dynamic, dangerous and exciting football team.”

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
Georgia Tech’s LaMiles Brooks on the secondary’s identity: ‘We are the shark crew’

I think the defense has a new look.

Fish Shark GIF by Gogglebox Australia

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
LET'S GOOO

RhoChi

Ramblin' Wreck
I'll Play:

King O/U 0.5 int: Over. INTs are part of King's game. He's a bit of a gunslinging risk taker. He's not one to throw the ball away, or slide short of contact (and the marker). Maybe he needs to be a little more conservative. But I don't want him to lose the fire that makes him a baller. I think he throws 1 pick.

Haynes O/U 100.5 Yards Rushing, Under. I think the carries are going to be spread out a little and BF is going to be calling a lot of option and razzle dazzle on the outside to spread out FSUs D. Inside is going to be a bruising game without a lot of big gains. But I think he catches some passes and has over 100yds total offense.

FSU Total Yards O/U 350.5 Over. I don't think our D will shut them down. DJU will hit on some passes. They'll put up yards, key will be to keep them out of the end zone. Hopefully, we can clamp down in the red zone, generate some TOs, and get a few outs.

TO Differential O/U 0 Tech +1. First game of the season, I think you'll see mistakes on both sides. But GT has more established players/chemistry. I say 1 INT and 1 FUM for Tech. 3 total TOs for FSU

GT DL O/U 1.5 sacks Over, I think we manage 3. Which is not a lot. DJU is a pocket passer. I think the FSU OL does a good job. But our D-Line shows flashes and gets through to the QB a few times.

Total Points O/U 70.5 Under. Both teams lean on the run and it shortens the game/number of possessions. I'd have total points around 60-65.

Eric Singleton O/U 1.5 Under. I won't be surprised if he finds the end zone. But he's going to draw coverage. We have a lot of quality receivers. I think the receptions will be spread around. The QB, RBs, and TE/bigger receivers will be the ones to 'punch it in'.

Alright, Coming back to the lines,

King was UNDER on ints. To be honest he was extremely conservative today I felt. Not mad about it.

Haynes was UNDER on rushing yards. Not surprising, but still had 75.

FSU was UNDER on total yards, not even breaking 250. Yikes!

The line was EXACT on TO diff. Tech was the only team to ever cough up the ball and both times we retained it. This being exactly 0 is what surprised me the most.

Tech had UNDER the sack total. Technically we had 2 sacks but one was wiped by a facemask.

Total points was UNDER only 45 points total. Kinda shocked.

ESJ had UNDER 1.5 TD's, should've had one but HK over threw it.

Thanks for playing 3-4 on your predictions! I feel pretty good about my line settings given you went 50/50 I may start this as a regular basis. Maybe its own weekly thread?