FSU game thread

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
Glad to hear this. It was actually a worry of mine - how many of these players have dealt with this sort of jet lag before? Especially going straight from the airport to practice.

Hopefully they all followed the coaches’ & trainers’ advice on how to best prepare for and deal with it, so they can get in some quality reps before the game Saturday.

Let’s go Jackets!
The jet-lag worry for me is the GSU game, glad its an 8 PM kick-off ...

buzzn3

Georgia Tech Fan
Saw a few additional f$u fans than tech fans in Galway last weekend, but Killarney/Ring of Kerry was just crawling in f$u fans the last 2 days... probably saw 50 f$u to 2 GT fans. Hoping it was bad timing and I just barely missed the tour busses of Tech fans 🤞

Eli

Helluva Engineer
From the Covers Injury list, just updated:

GT
Player POS Status

B. Seither TE - Knee
( Tue, Aug 20)
Seither has suffered a knee injury and will miss the 2024 season.

J. Long TE - Knee
( Mon, Aug 19)
Long suffered a torn ACL and will miss the 2024 season.

FSU
Player POS Status

D. Washington OL - Undisclosed
( Thu, Aug 15)
Washington is dealing with an undisclosed injury and is uncertain to take the field for the Seminoles.

M. Smith OL - Undisclosed
( Sat, Aug 10)
Smith is dealing with an undisclosed injury and is uncertain to take the field for the Seminoles.

L. Thomas TE - Undisclosed
( Sat, Aug 10)
Thomas is dealing with an undisclosed injury and is uncertain to take the field for the Seminoles.

D. Jackson DL - Undisclosed
( Fri, Aug 9)
Jackson Jr. is battling an undisclosed injury and is uncertain to take the field for the Seminoles.

J. Byers OL - Undisclosed
( Fri, Aug 9)
Byers is battling an undisclosed injury and is uncertain to take the field for the Seminoles.

D. Hill WR - Knee
( Thu, Aug 1)
Hill is recovering from a torn ACL and will miss the 2024 season.

Hate losing Seither - he was a decent blocker and a touchdown machine with the ball. I was about to say at least we have more TE depth this year until I read this report.
Don't know FSU's players that well but it appears they are going to be without some depth at OL.
All of those O linemen are listed as starters. Same with the d lineman. Maybe this is why the spread keeps going down..

apatriot1776

Jolly Good Fellow
Yondjouen is up there for most important players who will determine how this year goes. There's a lot of guys I have confidence will make an impact on the front seven - Efford, Height, Biggers... but if Yondjouen can put it together and reach his potential the ceiling for this defense goes way up. Hopefully with 12 months to recover he is ready to go full throttle.

Sean311

Helluva Engineer
FSU is lucky their cornerbacks are VERY good. They’re going to need everything and more to slow our parade of Blackburn, Janneh, Singleton, Lane, Rutherford and Leary.

In the last 6 years, I think McCollum has been the only wide receiver that would start over ANY of the guys that I just listed.

I mean the WR room is absolutely stacked with different kinds of talent.

We’re gonna spread them out with the pass and then King and Jamal are gonna dice these fools until the cows come home. I genuinely think we’re gonna beat them by 3 touchdowns. I don’t think you can plug and play an entire transfer team and expect results the way they’re trying to… especially not for the first game. See Colorado (and that’s with their supposed to be superstar QB).

If we stop their run, it’s over in the 1st half.
Comparing Colorado and FSU is comical. FSU has a pretty stacked team top to bottom. Not just 2 guys carrying the team.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Supposedly FSU has the best starting defensive line in college ball.

Regardless, it is a team with lots of talent. The weakest link on the team may be their QB but with our luck he will play the game of his career.
It may not even be a luck thing - their OL is so talented that he might get to sit in the pocket for 10 seconds every play while someone gets open. He will have a big day if our front 7 isn't breathing down his neck. So many question marks from that crew with all the turnover this offseason.